Post Your Trophy/Achievement Ideas

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
veeshadow

Re: Post Your Trophy/Achievement Ideas

Post by veeshadow »

Sasarai10 wrote:
Punkaiser wrote: - Defeat both Gorudo's army and Highland's army during the recapture of Rockaxe Castle->once

Do you have any video of this??? I'd like to see that

Today i saved Pahn,in the duel with Teo in S1.....it was quite frustrating...i reseted my console about 10 times. :x :x :x

So,i will consider it an achievment

Btw,getting all stars WITHOUT a guide will be achievment...not just getting them....especially in S5,you know why :mrgreen:

And finding Untold Clarity without a guide of course...
I've not done Gorudo's battle condition yet but the idea is Mazus/Ridley/Georg for Highlands and Ayda's unit on forest to sneaking Gorudo (she'll be on forest when battle started). The only problem is this battle just timed and scripted to win as long Riou's unit not fallen, so you need some luck lol..
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

patapi wrote:You do know that those trophies are optional, right? You don't have to bother with them if you don't like them. There's nothing wrong with letting others have their fun.
They aren't optional. Like I said, you get them for completing chapters in some games, such as Assassin's Creed. You get them for doing things you're doing normally anyway in a game.
In Uncharted 2, I killed x enemies with x gun, because that's the gun I used most. I got an trophy for that. Did I want it? No. Did I get out of my way to get it? No. Did the game give it to me? It did indeed.

I also didn't say that we should ban trophies. I merely questioned the inclusion of them in general. If trophies are your way of having fun, then so be it, I rather enjoy the game's story, gameplay, etc than to worry about trophies. Plus like I said; you often do a menial task to get a trophy, a task that you wouldn't do normally, just to get a bronze cup, or some points.

Lol, I feel like a "maverick" for 'hating' on trophies. Clearly everybody has to like them, no?
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

At least the trophies are just in a small corner of the screen and a pling sound, instead of doing it like the 360 does it with the achivements. Right in the middle of the screen. Not a small thing either, I might add.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Punkaiser wrote: This includes in 108 stars achivements already.

Ah, I forgot to mention 2 secret areas from S5 Viki's accident.

The locked room in your HQ,and the strange area,where you get a blinking rune piece,eh? :wink:

I wonder where is this area supposed to be....it should be in Dunan,but i'm not sure....it remindes me a part of it.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Got the color intro in S2.

It's very easy though,but it's BORING as hell.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Sasarai10 wrote:

The locked room in your HQ,and the strange area,where you get a blinking rune piece,eh? :wink:

I wonder where is this area supposed to be....it should be in Dunan,but i'm not sure....it remindes me a part of it.
I thought those locations were around one of the caves of the game in S5, not all the way in Dunan. What makes you think it's all the way in Dunan?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Piisuke wrote:
Sasarai10 wrote:

I thought those locations were around one of the caves of the game in S5, not all the way in Dunan. What makes you think it's all the way in Dunan?

Because when you get outside of this area,there is a river,and when i saw the Suikoden map,it reminded me a part of Dunan.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I doubt it was in Dunan, since you can use blinking Mirror to go back, and as its description that I read somewhere, the mirror only works if you wander not too far from your current country while Falena is way too far from Dunan. If it was a foreign country , only the neighbors can be counted such as Armes or Nagarea.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

If a new Suikoden would have achievements like the pc-"remake" of FF VII.. I really could live without it.

http://kotaku.com/5934947/wow-the-new-a ... are-boring
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

Antimatzist wrote:If a new Suikoden would have achievements like the pc-"remake" of FF VII.. I really could live without it.

http://kotaku.com/5934947/wow-the-new-a ... are-boring
Talk about adding useless content :/ They really could have invested a bit more time finding something more creative.

The achievements standardize the idea of the perfect/complete game. I find it much better to do it by your own rules. It would annoy me not to get all the achievements but at the same time, I would not like to spend hours leveling everyone up to 99 or doing all the investigations.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

A few days ago i managed to recruit Gaspar by betting only 100 bits each time...pretty lucky eh? :lol: