Recently replayed Suikodens 1 through 3

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Hork

Re: Recently replayed Suikodens 1 through 3

Post by Hork »

Playing V now.

Zegai is so cool. I wish I could be like Zegai, have no nation...just bein' a nomad roaming around and living off the land and being cool and tough.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Zegai's cool and all, but his voice doesn't suit him at all.
PSN: FreshMetal80
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Everything else about Zegai is awesome, so it doesn't matter.
Hork

Post by Hork »

100% agree with the voice. When I first heard his victory statement sound bite....I thought it was one of the chicks talking like Lyon or one of them...and when I confirmed it was Zegai's the second time, I almost pooped my pants hard. Agree with you on that, really bad choice of voice for the baddest man on earth...horrible choice.

There's good and bad about adding voice overs to cut scenes. I mean I talk in the peoples voices in my head (how I percieve they should sound) when I play games or read.

Like, say they brought Viktor back for V, and they cast an english voice-over guy who talked stupid and used him for Viktor's cut scenes...it would have had a chance of being really really bad. He could have ending up talking like Dario or something.
Hork

Post by Hork »

5 is better than 4 by A LOT. i made a mistake when i ranked my favorite suikodens.
Warcrown

Post by Warcrown »

Hork wrote:5 is better than 4 by A LOT. i made a mistake when i ranked my favorite suikodens.
I agree. I think 5 is the best of those I have played(only 3-5...) but with that said, 4 is not bad despite what everyone else seems to think(IMHO).
Celvantis

Post by Celvantis »

I agree, 5 is great and on duel favourate with me with 2 and a good note for the main series to of ended on. (Very proper how it ended with how suikoden started, into a world of illusions.)
4... I cant get on with as much as I want to and Ive completed it a few times.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Xelinis wrote:I've mentioned this before in other topics, but I loved the classic Suikoden games because of their roots in the Western High Fantasy genre, despite an Eastern coat of paint.
Yeah, I remember when I first played suikoden 1, it really kept reminding me of watching Conan the Destroyer, which I loved watching as a kid. And characters like Viktor, Valeria and the dragon knights could easily fit in with any classic western fantasy novel or series. Of course, the suikoden series also got me interested in anime and a lot of other JRPGs, but I think one of the reasons I found it so easy to get into in the first place is because it never felt too "foreign" for me. They're games that contain different styles of cultures, so they can appeal to people from different cultures as well.
Last edited by sticky-runes on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Hmm, this is the first gold spammer who actually knows to say something related to suikoden.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yeah, I am amazed how this spambot seems to be a huge Suikodenfan. Or is it even a spambot? If it is, it has an amazing AI.

Ah, now I get it, it just takes random quotes from other people's post. This one is originally by Xelenis: http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 11#p139711

Still, its posts didn't feel too much out of place. :D
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

lol, you're right. It's really an amusing coincidence to pull out something that fits in this forum' jungle of text.
TMan

Post by TMan »

That's extremely impressive
Dreams do die
Hork

Post by Hork »

i didn't know what spambot you were referring. but then i saw sunshine's footnotes for Diablo gold for sale.

It had me fooled for sure. Spammers and bots are getting really impressive at being on topic.
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Suikoden 2 has the best story of all 5. Suikoden comes very very very close to Suikoden 2.

Let's see.. Shu is the BEST STRATEGIST in all the Suikoden Series. Yes, even better than Mathiu imo. But Lucretia Merces is also a damn good one. Forget about Apple and Caesar. The only Strategist who might come close to Shu and Lucretia is the drinking Grandma from S4 :)
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de