SUIKODEN DAY 2011

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
KC_MCDOHL

Re: SUIKODEN DAY 2011

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

hahaha that is so cool! Can't wait to see it! ^^
WhiteWolfGuard wrote:This is terribly exciting :D

Are there already rules for where we can submit fanfics / art / stuff?

Yeah, the rules are currently going through review but all is looking good. Thanks to Night Shadow for the incredibly good work :)

Also, I'm still waiting to hear back from Konami about the Official Suikoden Facebook FanPage. They informed me that I have not been forgotten about but sometimes these things take time. That was 2 months ago but for all I know it could take 2 years lol

So, if I hear nothing from them in the next week or two then I will probably make a group page on facebook for Suikoden Day itself.

All details will be posted here, as well as the SUIKODEN DAY 2011 Facebook event page ^^

KC
Raou

Post by Raou »

It'd be funny if 540 joined...ya know...the total number of Stars of Destiny between Suikoden I through V? Excluding Tactics and Tierkreis.
primierra

Post by primierra »

I have finished making a lot of fanarts, should I submit them in facebook or this site?
Audiences want more than logic.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Excellent!

If we dont get Konami's Official Suikoden fanpage shortly then I will be creating a Suikoden Day page on Facebook where everyone can submit their material.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Well, as for me, I am creating video walkthroughs for all of the bosses of Suikoden II and posting them to YouTube. This works for me especially cause I don't write fanfiction and I couldn't draw a stickman the same way twice. Mine differ from the others on YouTube because I add spoken commentary to the fight with my headset.

I started in Mid Oct. and hope to have them all finished by Dec 15. Though progress is slow due to my surgery and how hard it is to make a coherent video while taking the pain meds I am on. I have Mist Shade through Pest Rat done already, and I will post the links on the Suikoden Day page by sometime round the 15th.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Nice efforts Ryan :)

Okay, below is the competitions and rules for SUIKODEN DAY 2011:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUIKODEN DAY 2011 COMPETITIONS AND RULES:

“As Stylish as a Narcissist!” Cosplay Contest
- This contest is open to all bona fide Suikoden fans from anywhere around the world.
- Contestants must cosplay any character from the Suikoden franchise. Be creative! You can make use of any material for your costume (just as long as it ain’t something illegal! =P).
- Contestants must take a picture of him/her wearing the costume, and post it on the Facebook Suikoden Day page from December 14, 2011 to December 16, 2011. Only one entry (picture) per person.
- Contestants must include their name, country, and character to be cosplayed below the photo. If possible, include a short description of why you chose to cosplay that character.
- A panel will judge the cosplay based on the following criteria:
40% Creativity
30% Accuracy of Cosplay
15% Resourcefulness
15% Style and Presentation
- A minimum of at least 5 people must join the contest. Any number below that, then the contest will not push through.
- Barring any unforeseen circumstances beyond the Organizer’s control, the announcement of winners shall be on or before December 25, 2011.
- The best cosplay shall be awarded, as well as one consolation prize.
- All entries will be sent through email to both Konami Japan and North America. It’s about time we show our love to the wonderful creators of the game!

“ The Art of Ivanov!” Fanart Contest
- This contest is open to all bona fide Suikoden fans from anywhere around the world.
- Contestants must draw or illustrate an original, unpublished artwork somehow related to the Suikoden franchise, using any preferred medium. Plus points for creativity!
- A scanned copy or picture of the fanart must be posted on the Facebook Suikoden Day page from December 14, 2011 to December 16, 2011. Only one entry per person.
- Contestants must include their name, country, and the title of his or her work. If possible, include a short description of your work.
- A panel will judge the fanart based on the following criteria:
30% Creativity
30% Technique
30% Aesthetic Quality
10% Resourcefulness
- A minimum of at least 5 people must join the contest. Any number below that, then the contest will not push through.
- Barring any unforeseen circumstances beyond the Organizer’s control, the announcement of winners shall be on or before December 25, 2011.
- The best fanart shall be awarded, as well as one consolation prize.
- All entries will be sent through email to both Konami Japan and North America. It’s about time we show our love to the wonderful creators of the game!

Old Book Volume Contest
- It’s time we send our love to the creator’s of Suikoden! In a maximum of 500 words, tell us what makes Suikoden your favorite game of all time. We shall be sending your short essays to Konami Japan and North America, as well as some of the other creators (Kawano, Murayama, etc).
- Post your original, unpublished essay on the Wall of the Facebook Suikoden Day page from December 14, 2011 to December 16, 2011. Only one entry per person.
- Contestants must include their name, country, and the title of his or her work.
- A panel will judge the essay based on the following criteria:
30% Grammar and Vocabulary
30% Creativity
20% Impact
20% Unity and Coherence
- The best essay shall be awarded, as well as one consolation prize.

“A Random Shout out to the Best Game in the World!” Contest
- If you don’t want to cosplay, make art, or write, this is the contest for you! Show us your extreme love of Suikoden and post it here on the Facebook Suikoden Day page from December 14, 2011 to December 16, 2011. Only one entry per person.
- You can do whatever the hell you want! Have a Suikoden related video? Have a cool Suikoden tattoo? Did you make a fansign? Post it here!
- Contestants must include their name, country, and a short explanation of what you’re showing us. =D Haha.
- A panel will judge how much of a Suikoden fan you really are. =D No criteria for this one!
- The best shout out shall be awarded, as well as one consolation prize.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Yeah, that's my real name Chris... Thanks for ruining the mystique.
Zer0

Post by Zer0 »

Hmm, excellent competitions. Not sure which one to focus on.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

lol sorry Rooks :P

I think I'm just gonna do the Old Book Volume Contest, I might be too busy organising the day to actualy contribute properly lol
dragons_descent4

Post by dragons_descent4 »

can we do more than one?
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455
Nanami_chan

Post by Nanami_chan »

The rules say only one entry per person, but you can take part in all 4 competitions sending 1 entry in each if you want : )
dragons_descent4

Post by dragons_descent4 »

ok cool,totally overlooked that by mistake,thank you!! :-)
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Hey everyone!

Just over 2 weeks to go! I hope you are all looking forward to it! ^.^

Just a wee update to say that, as of the moment of me writing this, we are now at 413 attendees and with over 500 still awaiting response! I think that is a fantastic achievement for SUIKODEN DAY's first year! Although, personaly, I hope to get up to the 500 attendees mark, heres hoping ;)

So, if you havent already, get inviting your friends and spread the word! ^^
Nanami_chan

Post by Nanami_chan »

Hello suikoladies and suikogentlemen! the suikoden day is only 3 days left! We hope you invite all your friends to the event page and we could reach the 500 people there. We are sooo really close! ^__^ It is great for the 1st time! thanks to all of you who already is taking part.
And I wanted to remind you that the event will take place in this fb group where you can post the entries to take part on contest!
Here is the link to the group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/229892983746957/
So, thats how this works: you can discuss your suikofeelings at the event page (and invite everyone!) and you can post your entries for the contest in the group page, easy, isnt it? ^__^
I hope all you will participate! there will be prizes, suikoden fans and tons of fun^^
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Yes! And a photo of the prizes to be won are up! Have a look on the event page:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Thanks to Nanami_chan for such awesome dedication and hard work :)