Suikoden VI?

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Rooks

Re: Suikoden VI?

Post by Rooks »

Suikoden VI is a tough subject: there are so many potentialities and variables that it is really hard to have any vision for what it could be. As far as platform, I'd like to see it on home consoles, that is where the series belongs in my opinion. Though, in many ways I see a potential SVI as something of an avatar to right the wrongs of the whole games industry.

I think a lot of us feel that way, even if we don't know it. Games are beginning to lose interest for me, not because I am older now and "growing out of them," but because of the changes to the basic design philosophies that many games are based on. They are becoming more influenced by cinema and less by literature and the fairy tale. More visceral and dark, and less whimsical and imaginative. I can go back and play many older games and still be captured like before, but newer games are becoming less tolerable. Some are good, even great, but it feels like you have to slog through a swamp of dross just to find even one.

So, less important than 2D or 3D, or any other consideration, is that the game would understand the design and writing philosophy of the originals, and how they work as a counter-point to the rest of the industry today. This might be difficult, as most of the literary-trained writers have fled or been pushed out of the industry, or have been so hamstrung by their bosses that even the most talented wouldn't be able to stand out. Everything else is just of lesser importance to me, I suppose.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

Guys if you want something, do it yourselves! Suikoden died with the original creator, and since then we have gotten bits, and pieces of Suikoden. It's time we the fans take control of the series. We will all get old waiting for suikoden 6....
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

ENDmyinitials wrote:Guys if you want something, do it yourselves! Suikoden died with the original creator, and since then we have gotten bits, and pieces of Suikoden. It's time we the fans take control of the series. We will all get old waiting for suikoden 6....
As somebody who thinks that Tactics and V are among the best games of the series: no, it didn't die with Murayama leaving Konami, and no, a fan-controlled series is not what I desire.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

ENDmyinitials wrote:Guys if you want something, do it yourselves! Suikoden died with the original creator, and since then we have gotten bits, and pieces of Suikoden. It's time we the fans take control of the series. We will all get old waiting for suikoden 6....
Murayama is a great writer. But, it is not like he is the greatest writer in the history of writing. It is possible to find a replacement for him, though literary-influenced writers like himself have been fleeing the industry for the last ten years or so. A writer primarily influenced by the visual media simply would not work, as the philosophical and moral narratives I mentioned above would escape them wholly, but even though Konami may have to search outside of games writing, it is by all means possible to find an equally skilled writer for the series. His ability is like a gemstone: rare but not too difficult to find if you know where to look. In particular, lock-boxes and the fingers of rich people. . . or something.
mikeeecs

Post by mikeeecs »

So... still no news about S6?
Hahha
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

mikeeecs wrote:So... still no news about S6?
Hahha
At this point I wouldn't expect a Suikoden VI at most some gacha or card mobile phone game
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

I don't know how successful Wild ARMs was compared to Suikoden, but they seem similar in lifespan and number of games... Wild ARMs is soon releasing a mobile game in Japan, with more details being announced in about 15 hours.

I do believe a mobile gatcha-style Suikoden game could be possible, and if it's a wild success maybe they would take the risk to develop VI, but the chances would still be slim.
oops

Post by oops »

IGN report a Kickstarter for a spiritual successor, Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes. Follows the same style as the Suikoden franchise, might be something to look out for.

https://www.ign.com/articles/suikoden-s ... red-heroes

https://rabbitandbearstudios.com/eiyudenchronicle/