Runes you would like to bear.

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Winterswhite

Runes you would like to bear.

Post by Winterswhite »

If you could bear one rune what would it be? Be sure to explain why you would want it.

Magic:Wind, not cyclone, wind. Wind of sleep could help me on sleepless nights. Healing wind is self explanatory. The Shredding is for self defense (though it could be a bit too much :? I should stick to wind of sleep). I don't believe I'll ever use my fourth level spell, Storm Warning's useless as it only reflects magic (Though maybe I should consider the fact if I have a rune, maybe others will too), I don't want to kill people with funeral wind and storm.
Water and Blinking are also pretty tempting options too though.

Command:Shrike, because it will allow me to pull of awesome ninja moves :D

Effect:Sunbeam so I can heal my wounds whenever I make a step.

True Rune:Bright Shield so I can protect people. As for complete true runes, True Water so I can heal so many.
If Rune of Change changes more than just the bearer's destination I think I'd have that instead :lol:

Other:Listening, so I can know what animals are saying.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: Runes you would like to bear.

Post by wataru14 »

Magic Rune? Blinking Rune, definitely. 1) You can teleport to places you've been to even once. Work? Shopping? Grandma's house? No problem. Saves time and money. Win for everyone. 2) You can send people you don't like far away ... somewhere. You're not actually killing them (so clear conscience) but you don't have to deal with them anymore. 3) If you don't want them to disappear, you can just teleport in random humorous things to fall out of the sky and drop on their heads. Love it.

Command Rune? Trick Rune. An army of little tinkertoy monsters to command? Sweet!

Effect Rune? Prosperity Rune. No question. Do I really need to say why? Double the money you earn? Sign me up.

True Rune? I wouldn't want one. They're generally more trouble than they're worth. Who really wants to live forever anyway? But aside from that, probably the Sovereign Rune. Protected from all forms of magic? In a world where magic and Runes exist that would be a very nice thing to have.

"Other" Rune? There are very few "Other" Runes and we don't really know what a lot of them even do. But the Sound Rune seems like it could have some fun applications.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Water rune, Kindness Drops can rejuvenate me whenever I need some rest
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I'd have a True Earth Rune or supporting magic and a Flowing Rune for healing magic just like Sasarai :mrgreen:

And of course a Blue Gate Rune at the top of my head,for offensive magic

(Guys,i think you can have up to 3 runes i guess :| )
darkknightkv

Post by darkknightkv »

If we are beaking down one from each...
Magic: I think I have to go with Blinking too, I dont see much use for the other ones....Blink rune just seems so awesome, I dont know why they did not use it more in the games...Spying, convey, scouting, burining supplies.....But for me, I would get rid of my work commute

Command: Swallow rune...Oh...You mean thats not what I think it is...Oh then the clone rune. Why not Clone rune. Gasp Clone rune WITH the blinking rune...I would never have to leave my bed.

Effect: I would say godspeed, or holy rune but yeah, Blinking kinda has that beat...I will go with the Phero Rune, oh yeah! I am not much of a fighter so most of the other things do not really work for me.

True Rune: Dragon Rune, I dont reallly see the down side to this true rune (For me anyway). The worse thing that can happen is my mind is too week and I cant command the dragons, I doubt they would eat/harm me if that was the case anyway.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

I'd like to bear whatever true rune Viki bears.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

I was actually just thinking about this the other day! I would go with the Dawn Rune. Near true rune power, without the drawbacks! And its useful for both healing AND fighting.
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

I gotta agree with Wataru like! If I could have 1 of them in real life then it would have to be the Prosperity Rune. If I were able to double the money that I make now then, well....................it'd still be nothing but my point is still valid! Having double money would go a long way towards getting that new Graphics card I want, or paying the stupid rent I suppose...........

And if I didn't know any better I'd swear that I already have the Waking Rune attached.......................... :P
zqrahll

Post by zqrahll »

TLR all the way. As for real world applications, probably Wind just because it has lots of utility-- or Viki's version of Blinking for teleportation purposes.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I want a Prosperity Rune. I wish I could be making more money.

As for True Runes, hmmm...Probably one of the True Elementals. Preferably True Water because I don't like fighting.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

The one thing I learnt from Suikoden is that it's better not to own a rune :D
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

A normal rune is safe to bear I think, on the other hand TR will make your life a hell.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Imagine what it would be like jerking off with a Falcon Rune....... Of course, it needn't necessarily be attached to your own hand, if you catch my drift.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

"Oh Valeria dear, I wanted to try something new tonight..."
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

The Valerian Handshake - one of the more popular orders at Leona's bar.