News from Famitsu Magazine (10/19)

A forum for questions and discussions about the PSP game roughly translated as "The Woven Web of a Century"
KFCrispy
Global Admin

News from Famitsu Magazine (10/19)

Post by KFCrispy »

thanks to iveriad at gamefaqs for the info and a scan!
iveriad @ gamefaqs wrote:Fully Genso Suikoden Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki, this new entry in Konami's RPG franchise tells the story a group of characters who rise up to defeat a beast that appears every 100 years and destroys everything. The main character is apparently sent 100 years back into the past by a mysterious girl named Zephon.

Characters introduced in the magazine include: the main character (voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya), Jino (Jun Fukuyama), Myura (Marina Inoue), Zephon (Yuuki Kaji) and Ducasse (Katsuyuki Konishi)

http://andriasang.com/comynr/

Scans : http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202 ... 1-503e.jpg
Rachael

Re: News from Famitsu Magazine (10/19)

Post by Rachael »

I'll post my translation from the other thread here, too.

*Number of Players: 1/Wireless LAN Supported
*It is the tale of a young man who challenges the "Centennial Monster" which appears every 100 years and devours everything. The main character is sent 100 years into the past by a mysterious boy named Zephon.
*Character Info ・Main Character (I'm not bothering with the VAs, since that's already been taken care of): A swordsman from Telbe Village. His father died when he was a child. His mother, Signey, died in battle several years ago fighting the Holy Imperial Army.
Gino: A craftsman of magic stones from Telbe Village. He is Myura's younger brother and the main character's childhood friend. Because he's easily elated, he's often scolded by Myura.
Myura: A mage from Telbe Village. Gino's older sister. Ever since the main character lost both his parents, they have become like his real siblings.
Zephon: A mysterious boy who appeared before the main character when he took refuge in the fortress ruins and used the power to leap through time to guide them 100 years into the past.
Ducas: Commanding officer of the 4th division of the advance troops in the Ionian Holy Imperial Army. He has been dispatched to Telbe Village in order to subdue it.

Zephon is a boy, not a girl.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I think siliconera started with the girl-thing, but just one look at the VA should make very clear that it's a boy... or maybe it's neither. ;)

Also, something I think no one has mentioned yet - int he right up corner, do you think it is an in-game screenshot showing some background? I don't think it is a Tierkreis background and not from the first two games, so I guess it is a new one. Looks pretty good, if you ask me, but I want to see the in-game sprites...
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

They wouldn't use the word shounen if they wanted to be ambiguous, I think.

Thought we'd get a HQ scan of the entire page this time, but alas.
primierra

Post by primierra »

Rachael wrote:

Ducas: Commanding officer of the 4th division of the advance troops in the Ionian Holy Imperial Army. He has been dispatched to Telbe Village in order to subdue it.

Is Holy Imperial army related to Holy harmonia? just curious..

Thank you for the information
Audiences want more than logic.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Ducasse's Imperial Army comes from a new nation called Holy Aionia Empire.

If only that was Aronia, then we would have gotten the historical predecessor to Harmonia.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

That must be why Aionia sounded so familiar to me...Aronia.
Darkbeat

Post by Darkbeat »

The closeness is striking, I can't imagine it's unintentional with "Holy Empire" being tied to it.
כל העולם כולו גשר צר מאוד, והעיקר - לא לפחד כלל
All the world is a very narrow bridge, the most important thing is not to be afraid.
- R' Nachman
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

patapi wrote:They wouldn't use the word shounen if they wanted to be ambiguous, I think.

Thought we'd get a HQ scan of the entire page this time, but alas.
Isn't there someone in Japan who could scan it for us? Somehow the same scan is all over the internet, which is a bit depressing. :( Want these HQ scans!
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

patapi wrote:Ducasse's Imperial Army comes from a new nation called Holy Aionia Empire.

If only that was Aronia, then we would have gotten the historical predecessor to Harmonia.
That would be bloody amazing if combined with this centennial beast being a product of the Beast Rune. It could explain how Harmonia had the Beast Rune and why they threw it at Highland so happily.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Some additional info about stars of destiny via Dengaki PS:

Hero: Tenkai (his parents are both dead apparently)
Myura: Tenei
Gino: Tentai
Ducas: Tenko
Zephon: Tenkan
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Vextor wrote: Zephon: Tenkan
Luc's, Ted's, and Zerase's Star. Somehow, I'm not surprised.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

At least until now it is typical Suikoden-stuff.

Hero: Tenkai
Myura: Tenei - Gremio, Lyon and Marica
Gino: Tentai - Pahn, Jewel, Jale
Ducas: Tenko - Viktor, Kyle, Kika, Sgt. Joe
Zephon: Tenkan - Luc, Ted, Zerase, Zenoa

Everyone fits quite nicely into his star, this gives hope.
patapi wrote:Ducasse's Imperial Army comes from a new nation called Holy Aionia Empire.

Was Aronia ever mentioned in a game? Maybe it's a false fan-translation or Konami just changed it.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Aronia and Aionia.

What if the developers just changed the spelling? Like they did in Sindar and Cyndar?

My hopes for a canon universe increased a little. lol.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Darkbeat

Post by Darkbeat »

Runemaster wrote:Aronia and Aionia.

What if the developers just changed the spelling? Like they did in Sindar and Cyndar?

My hopes for a canon universe increased a little. lol.
That would be a slightly bigger change but it's possible...

They could be trying to conceal the plot, as Vextor suggested in another thread, to keep people guessing (somewhat akin to how everyone thought Arshtat was going to be evil prior to Suikoden V release). Either which way, it just seems a little too close to the mark and tied with "Holy Empire"...
כל העולם כולו גשר צר מאוד, והעיקר - לא לפחד כלל
All the world is a very narrow bridge, the most important thing is not to be afraid.
- R' Nachman