Osamu Komuta as the man behind new direction

A forum for questions and discussions about the PSP game roughly translated as "The Woven Web of a Century"
JiggleBiscuits

Re: Osamu Komuta as the man behind new direction

Post by JiggleBiscuits »

Darkbeat wrote:I didn't say it wasn't a Tierkreis game
Darkbeat wrote: 3. It has been proved conclusively that "Million Worlds" does not point to Tierkreis.
Yup. That's what you said all right.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Now you're just nitpicking.
JiggleBiscuits

Post by JiggleBiscuits »

No, just pointing out when he contradicts himself.

If he wants to argue, he should at least be consistent.
Darkbeat

Post by Darkbeat »

JiggleBiscuits wrote:
Darkbeat wrote:I didn't say it wasn't a Tierkreis game
Darkbeat wrote: 3. It has been proved conclusively that "Million Worlds" does not point to Tierkreis.
Yup. That's what you said all right.
One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just isn't the same.

Isn't a Tierkreis Game =/= Does not not point to Tierkreis

Million Worlds doesn't point to Tierkreis. It points to Suikoden as a whole, ie the entire series.

But sure, argue about my choice of words if you want, I'll just take that to mean you accept that you were wrong/premature. :lol:
כל העולם כולו גשר צר מאוד, והעיקר - לא לפחד כלל
All the world is a very narrow bridge, the most important thing is not to be afraid.
- R' Nachman
Exophase

Post by Exophase »

JiggleBiscuits wrote:That also in no way proves this new game isn't a Tierkreis game.
I haven't seen anyone anywhere say that this game is definitely not a followup to Tierkreis or definitely returns to the original setting. You appear to be the only one saying that it'll definitely be a Tierkreis game, although I'm still unclear on what exactly "another Tiekreis game" means, since you didn't answer when I asked.
JiggleBiscuits

Post by JiggleBiscuits »

Darkbeat wrote:But sure, argue about my choice of words if you want, I'll just take that to mean you accept that you were wrong/premature. :lol:
Not quite sure how you being inconsistent = me not making sense, but you're at least being consistent with your inconsistency.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

You all need to calm down. No one is saying anything new so I'm going to lock this topic temporarily to give everyone to think before you type.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Oh we are open again here!

First off, I think I would like to point out that you cannot make artists do anything that they do not want to do. I think it is clear that Mr. Komuta did not want to make a Suikoden game. Regardless of how he felt about the series, if he had been forced into a position where he had to make a continuous story set in the Murayama universe against his will, the results would likely have been horrid. Yes, even far worse than Tierkreis. Trying to make an artist compromise their vision never leads to good places, no matter how superior you think your vision may be.

Hiring Mr. Komuta to direct Tierkreis was the real mistake, or perhaps the real mistake was making a Suikoden under these conditions at all. If you hire someone to make a sequel, then that person rallies against all the things that made the prior games so good, the correct course of action is to remove that person from the project, or, to change the project in such a way that it is a stand-alone work.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

And thus he went on to develop a new IP in the form of Frontier Gate.

Whatever happened to the team that produced Suikoden V anyway?
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

patapi wrote: Whatever happened to the team that produced Suikoden V anyway?
Sakiyama is still at Konami, but it looks like he's now developing smaller and more casual games.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Yeah Sakiyama has been making educational games and children's games for the DS and 3DS ever since Tierkreis. If you are referring to "Arcadia" or whatever the name of the writing team was, then I don't know. I doubt they have had a title be released here in the west recently. It is possible that Konami could retain their services again if they are still around. Though I don't know if they are.

In my opinion, it is likely that Sakiyama is involved in some way with this new Suikoden though. He is very fond of the series and wants to see it continue, that is for sure.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Well, that's good, isn't it? If someone who loves Suikoden is on the team?
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Yeah, I have a feeling Sakiyama is involved. Norikazu Miura too. I know Noritada Matsukawa isnt, unfortunatly.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

KC_MCDOHL wrote:I know Noritada Matsukawa isnt, unfortunatly.
Any particular reason?
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

He just said he's working on another game. I don't know what though, I'm afraid.