Teaser Trailer

A forum for questions and discussions about the PSP game roughly translated as "The Woven Web of a Century"
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Teaser Trailer

Post by KFCrispy »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySAlckdIaic
dragonmasterx wrote:I transcribed this by ear, so it could be wrong.

Dialogue in the trailer:

教えてください、この時代に何があったのかを・・・
百年後の未来か・・・
「あいよりや」が怪物なら、てめぇーらも立派な怪物なんだろう。
素性も分からない奴の言いなりになんてなれるか。
今は何も考えなくてもいい・・・
でもちゃんと立つんだ!立って、前に歩くんだ!

Please tell me... What happened in this time period?
A 100 years in the future, eh?
You calling ___________* monsters? Hell, you guys are frickin' monsters yourselves!
Whatever the hell they are, there's no way I'm letting 'em push me around.
It's ok, don't think about it too hard for now. But you must act! Stand, and go forth!

*In that underline, I'm not sure what's being said. It sounds like aiyoriya is. Either my listening comprehension is too poor, I don't know the grammar behind it, or it's a key word in this game.

UPDATE: I asked on the youtube page in Japanese what that aiyoriya". I assume it was a Japanese person who responded, saying that it sounds more like Aionia to him/her, and is probably someone's name.
EDIT:
Fansubbed Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cMqBYLpkQA
Piisuke

Re: Teaser Trailer

Post by Piisuke »

Regardless of people's opinion, I think the teaser is pretty neat. The music especially is fabulous.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Can someone translate the written lines, too?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

The text is as follows...

0:01 "Please tell me...what happened to this era."

0:18 "Transcending time, a tale is spun"

0:22 "A new tale of a million worlds" (or possibly, "A tale of a new million worlds")
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Is it definitely "Million Worlds" as opposed to Infinity?

If so this might always be some kickass Sindar based game. That'd be awesome. I have no doubt that the Sindar would've had technology to access the Million Worlds.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

There's no difference between the Million Worlds and the Infinity. Infinity is just the lazy ass translation they used for Tierkreis.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Balls. Fair enough. I just assumed "Million Worlds" meant places like the World of Wings and Scales and similar, whilst "Infinity" was Tierkreis' attempt at pretending the totally unrelated storyline was related to Suikoden.

My bad.
tiki
Banned User

Post by tiki »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:There's no difference between the Million Worlds and the Infinity.
Suikoden's alternate worlds: World of Wings and Scales (Dragon Rune Linked), World of Monsters (Gate Rune Linked). Seems to be drastically different realms that can be controlled with True Runes.
Tierkreis's Infinity: Every world is the same as every other world with various tiny changes. Paralell universes everywhere! It's like that episode of Futurama!
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

I like the trailer. But that character better not be my Flik. His hair is wrong, anyways.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

http://www.amazon.com/Suikoden-Tierkrei ... 360&sr=8-1

I haven't played Tierkreis in English, but I just assumed they used the term "Million Worlds" in Tierkreis because it's used 3 times in the product description in Amazon.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Okay, I checked the Japanese Tierkreis wiki and "Million Worlds"--hyakuman sekai--is indeed what they call the Infinity.

Damn, this is starting to look like Tierkreis 2. I was hoping that if it weren't an addition to the main series, then at least it would be separate from Tierkreis.

Then again, it's not really a Tierkreis 2 I fear. It's a prequel to the Tierkreis game. I'm sick of prequels. Ironically, in a prequel, the future is already predetermined. Ha!

The reason I think it might be a prequel is that I remember in Tierkreis, Hotupa--I think it was Hotupa--mentioned that worlds have been merging for about 100 years. That's why I'm afraid that this game will take place over the 100 years leading up to Tierkreis, and that really would suck. I mean, where are they going to go with that? Are they going to go through the histories of the other worlds before they were destroyed? What's there to rejoice about when you know they're going to be destroyed?

Unless they do a time travel sort of thing.

Haha! That's just what we need! First the Infinity, then time travel! We can go anywhere--and anywhen--we please!
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Hmmm, I'm surprised that there are Tierkreis players who didn't realise that the terms Infinity and the Million Worlds are one and the same thing in Suikoden. The latest edition of the series encyclopedia sealed the deal, with the "main" Suikoden world being reduced to just one of the innumerable worlds in existence, alongside named worlds like World of Emptiness, Wings and Scales, etc.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Well I assumed the Million Worlds were entirely different and distinct from the main world itself, such as Wings and Scales, Emptiness etc.

When Tierkreis was released, they called (or mistranslated as the case is) it the "Infinity" and it felt like they were trying to shoehorn the Tierkreis plot, as well as every play through of every copy of Tierkreis, as being their own distinct entries in the Infinity. Which would mean millions of worlds that are very much the same, then the original Million Worlds and the Suikoden world proper.
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

Isn't the World of Emptiness different from the other worlds though? It's the place where the souls of the dead go before they move on to the next world, (meaning their souls possibly are reborn in another dimension, and thereby making it more of a mediator-world that connects all the other worlds?)
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

I thought it was where the crazier, more thematically evil/demonic monsters came from?