NEW SUIKODEN ANNOUNCED BY KONAMI!!! (9-17-2011)

A forum for questions and discussions about the PSP game roughly translated as "The Woven Web of a Century"
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: NEW GAME ANNOUNCED BY KONAMI!!! (9-17-2011)

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

KFCrispy wrote:hot damn!! my next video game system is officially the VITA
But... it's PSP? Or don't you have one and relying on the backwards compability? If so that requires a digital release cause the Vita doesn't do UMD.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Xelinis

Re: NEW GAME ANNOUNCED BY KONAMI!!! (9-17-2011)

Post by Xelinis »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
KFCrispy wrote:hot damn!! my next video game system is officially the VITA
But... it's PSP? Or don't you have one and relying on the backwards compability? If so that requires a digital release cause the Vita doesn't do UMD.
Considering the state of PSN right now, Konami would have to be stupid not to do a digital release.

No, I mean really, really stupid.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: NEW SUIKODEN ANNOUNCED BY KONAMI!!! (9-17-2011)

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I think someone said something similair about Square-Enix and Kingdom Hearts.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

haha i guess it might just be PSP. i assumed Vita is the next-gen platform for PSP, as i haven't been following the systems much.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

I was trying to figure out why the Japanese are so excited about the main voice in the trailer being done by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroshi_Kamiya

It turns out he is the lead voice for 2 recent considerably popular animes: Bakemonogatari and Angel Beats.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

@deagonmasterx: Thanks for the translation! Can you maybe translate all of the written lines, too?

@Raww: This scene makes me think that it might have Runes in it. Or.. Mark of the Stars - again? I don't hope it, this system would need drastic changes.

Also, the scenes where some magicians fire magic spells looks like some scenes in the Suikoden III manga iirc so I' hope for a setting closer to the real Suikoden world.

But well, it seems to involve some sort of time travelling or looking into the future....
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

yay. =) it may not be part of the main series, but its still a suikoden game. that makes me incredibly happy. id rather look at the brighter side of things. sure, tierkreis wasnt a very good game, but we just have to wait and see with this one. =)
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

First of, it's Raww Le Klueze, not Kreuze or however you wrote it. Second, you realise how pathetic you sound going after him like that?

Rooks being a gentleman? I dunno, the stuff he said wasn't very gentle man-ish. But hey.

A new Suikoden being released could prove to be good news anyway, it's certainly news.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Hahaha, how pathetic. :D

@news: But well, I think it's a case some of us have forseen: If Tierkreis' sales are good enough, we might nit get Suikoden VI, but a "Tierkreis 2". Well I can't wait for news about the game and hope it will come out soon.
ttfii

Post by ttfii »

I'll admit that Raww Le Klueze isn't my favorite poster on the board but I choose to ignore his negativity on most issues. Why? Because I don't let other people ruin things for me. I came here to discuss Suikoden, not to discuss the crazy antics Raww Le Klueze is up to and what he said to hurt someone's feelings. Grow a damn spine. Creating a troll account for the sake of bashing him solves nothing and just pollutes this board with more garbage.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this new game. Sure, it's not Suikoden VI (or is it?) but I don't think any of us should complain too much. The series is getting attention again and that's good enough for me. I think we should just show some support regardless if it's a numbered title or not. We don't know enough about it to pass too much judgment yet. Maybe it somehow ties the regular series in with Tierkreis? Maybe it's a side-story involving characters we already know. There's no telling.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

*Clears Throat*

Anyway, I am excited over this. We don't know anything about it really, so it is too early to start complaining about the game. One thing I can say here too is that the Japanese Suikoden Staff, both former and current, have been excited and remain excited about the series, in my opinion, this just might be one Suikoden project in the works. If Frontier Gate and the PSP Suikoden do well, I think the chances of seeing a Suikoden VI proper are quite high. So, lets hand it to Konami for not forgetting about us and keeping Suikoden going.

And, Hirathen, considering how offended I was but Raww's remarks, I can assure you I am being quite gentlemanly. Genius? Nah. Beethoven and Shakespeare were geniuses, not so much me.
Atma

Post by Atma »

While I was heavily disappointed with Tierkreis, and parts of this suggest a possible link... I'm hopeful that it'll still take place in the original world even if it isn't a direct continuation of the old canon... there is a guy who looks a little like Flik too - maybe that'll turn out to actually be him, hopefully, which would link the original series... I mean, here's hoping anyway.
Luke

Post by Luke »

At the beginning I was a little disappointed to see that this was (probably) another spin off, but as the time passed I just realized that after all this new game means definitively that this series is still alive.
I feel in some how relieved (and happy to play a new Suikoden anyway :D ). Besides, as many of you said, is still possible that this game will be linked to the main series, so just let's hope xd. The only concern is the chances of a western release (due to the fact that it will be on psp)
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Yes, he does look like Flik, but I doubt it is him. Perhaps Flik and Nina's son? Ok nah, that is not gonna happen. But seriously, I am glad that this is not Suikoden VI, because that means that they are unlikely to use that title on any game that is not on a Flagship console system. I do hope that this is a precursor to a console Suikoden VI.
Atma

Post by Atma »

Yeah I wouldn't hold out that such a young version of Flik would appear in a story as seemingly grandiose at this, I didn't mean to suggest that I truly believed it was him - really just wanted to convey my general hopes that it connects to the old world.

Personally? I would take any story that related to the old stories of territorial battles. In new countries or old, as long as it had runes and some relevant connections. I mean the amusing thing to me is... yes, Teirkreis technically was about something brought up in previous Suikoden canon, the infinite... however, of all the many many things we'd like to see expounded upon or resolved. The inner workings of Harmonia, how New Armes works, the remaining unnamed True Runes, the cursed existances of rune bearers, the Destiny as watched by Leknaat. Leknaat's true long term goals as hinted in Suikoden III.

All these things people want to see, specific places. Kanakan, Black Dragon Isle, Howling Voice Tower, Crystal Valley... and they come out with Tierkreis that follows the infinite, which as far as old canon is concerned - really just explained demons and monsters existence in the world, it was never truly meant to be a focus - so the fact they seem so intent on exploring the possibilities of it and disregarding everything everyone loved about the old series isn't just annoying, it's odd.

Even if you go to IGN, and IGN is just your basic run of the mill gaming site with Xbox jar heads and all that. Go to the comments section for this announcement. It's peppered with people like us who just want them to return to old canon. Why would Konami deliberately attempt to alienate an established fanbase? I mean if they want to give it broader appeal, why can't they just work within the confines of what established fans want instead of reinventing it and taking their chances that way?

The japanese game industry time and again does this too, they remake Final Fantasy III and IV and rerelease those games a million times and rerelease FF10 in HD and make sequels on major consoles for 10 and 13, but all anyone ever asked for was a major FF7 remake and they don't do it. Final Fantasy XIII got gripes both in the west AND in Japan, yet they rush to release a sequel with a battle system almost exactly the same in the exact same world... odd.

I mean, listen, I'm not some major FF7 hawk, but this odd deliberate disregard for not just fan imput, but MASS fan consensus is really strange to me.