NEW SUIKODEN ANNOUNCED BY KONAMI!!! (9-17-2011)

A forum for questions and discussions about the PSP game roughly translated as "The Woven Web of a Century"
MechMedic

Re: NEW SUIKODEN ANNOUNCED BY KONAMI!!! (9-17-2011)

Post by MechMedic »

I gotta say when I saw this my heart stopped for a minute, then I realized it was another Tierkreis and I got bummed out. I didn't like Tierkreis, didn't even finish it. I guess I keep holding my breath that we'll see a return to the 1 & 2 story era, with some great little sprite characters and everything, but I guess I should stop hoping for that. :(
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Don't give up hope yet. While this is part of the "million-worlds" there is no indication that it will be anything like Tierkreis. It is highly unlikely that the director of Tierkreis even worked on this at all, as he was likely busy having a large role in the Frontier Gate game.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Yeah, I think a lot of the opinions have been premature. It could very well be another Tierkreis game, but at the moment we don't know yet. It states another tale in the million world universe, but that doesn't mean that this game doesn't take place on the world of Suikoden as we know and love. We'll have to await any further details to see what this game will be about.
Atma

Post by Atma »

It'd be nice if they just heeded our cries and made it a "million worlds" side game that just took place in the old world. Is that too much to ask?
daoster

Post by daoster »

I guess this is a positive straw for people to grasp at... (I've been too negative in the other topic!), if this game were indeed Tierkreis-2, this game would have been on the DS or its successor 3DS. Its on the PSP, and that gives hope that it won't be another Tierkreis!

There is of course, nothing to stop it being a game that takes place in another one of those million worlds, but for all we know at this point....this might be a gaiden game that sets up the story for Suikoden VI!

I can dream, can't I? :|
I tell the DJ what to play, I tell the MC what to say!
Like good music? Check out my podcast: http://www.musicaloccupation.com
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The long-winded title is reminiscent of the Gaiden's full titles, yes.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

daoster wrote:There is of course, nothing to stop it being a game that takes place in another one of those million worlds, but for all we know at this point....this might be a gaiden game that sets up the story for Suikoden VI!

That is what I have been thinking myself.
AthenaCat

Post by AthenaCat »

Piisuke wrote:Suikoden V allowed for extra party members to bring along with you, aside from the usual 6. Plus you had characters like Egbert, who'd increase the potch earned after battles.
I thought V added a lot of functionality, which I'd like to see in further Suikoden games.
Support characters first showed up in III, though. III even had some playable characters with support skills, which V didn't because of only having two skill slots. I did like V allowing you to bring along extra characters to swap in, though.
Darkbeat

Post by Darkbeat »

As has been established, we really can't say either which way. We see people doing magic without runes, but we see Sarah do that in the Suikoden III Trailer/Intro. We also have mention to "million worlds" but as been established, this is as much mainline as Tierkreis.

There is of course the third possibility that it's actually related to neither of them at all. Though wasn't there something about "100 years in the future"?

And yeah, the Suikogaiden concept could actually be a possibility too.

I really wish we had more details ><
כל העולם כולו גשר צר מאוד, והעיקר - לא לפחד כלל
All the world is a very narrow bridge, the most important thing is not to be afraid.
- R' Nachman
Exophase

Post by Exophase »

I don't think the tagline of 100 years simply means that it takes 100 years after something, neither a series-established event or something new. How many RPGs have a story point of being X years after something? Practically all of them. I expect the 100 years to be a more prominent theme in the game, to make it in the title... maybe the story telling will span this time, or maybe it'll involve time travel (kind of hope not)
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Ugh, time travel is so cheap. I mean, it can be done correctly, but nothing's more depressing than undoing a happy ending. I just hope it doesn't do that.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
JiggleBiscuits

Post by JiggleBiscuits »

When are you people going to face reality and accept that it is confirmed that this is another Tierkreis game?
Exophase

Post by Exophase »

What exactly does "another Tierkreis game" mean? A game that takes place in the same world? A game that somehow involves multiple realities? Because neither of these things are confirmed...
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

JiggleBiscuits wrote:When are you people going to face reality and accept that it is confirmed that this is another Tierkreis game?
Source needed. Please post an actual link to where they "confirmed" this.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
JiggleBiscuits

Post by JiggleBiscuits »

I have posted links more than once, to which the reply is "That isn't proof", because people refuse to accept the truth.

Not bothering to do it again.