NEW SUIKODEN ANNOUNCED BY KONAMI!!! (9-17-2011)

A forum for questions and discussions about the PSP game roughly translated as "The Woven Web of a Century"
Antimatzist

Re: NEW GAME ANNOUNCED BY KONAMI!!!

Post by Antimatzist »

I wonder whenthis will come out. Tierkreis' release was pretty close after the screenshots, maybe 4 months or so.. hm.

I hope there will be runes again. at 0:10 of the trailer, it looks like one. And the tree in the logo.. in the trailer there is a tree for some seconds. So my guess is: Either the HQ will be a tree or... ... ... ... well, I don't know. Maybe it's about saving your environment^^
Djungelurban

Post by Djungelurban »

When I heard this I was happy for sure, but somewhere in the back of my mind there was this nagging doubt... I have no faith in Konami anymore and as it turns out, I was right to. Cause it seems the series is still dead, there has still been no Suikoden games since V.

And seeing as the Japanese fans are mostly in agreement with us, I'm not sure who they are trying to appeal to here. Don't they realize that (almost) no one cares about Tierkreis and wants another one? *sigh*
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

Is this the one you guys are talking aobut?

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/09/ ... -released/

could'nt find the trailer link in the original notes so im not sure. Hmm... If this is a new suikoden game then im stoked as hell. If its a REAL suikoen game. I dont want something in the vein of Tierkreis, ore even SIV.. i want a REAL Suikoden game. Heres to hoping they do one.. though some of the comments here aren't sounding too good =(

Regardless, im pretty sure it wont come out in the states. PSP is dead in the US which is too bad. Theres tons of neat rpgs that we never see. I REFUSE to buy digital d.loads but i broke that rule for suikoden 1. I would break it again for this i suppose
Luke

Post by Luke »

kenshindono wrote:Is this the one you guys are talking aobut?

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/09/ ... -released/

could'nt find the trailer link in the original notes so im not sure. Hmm... If this is a new suikoden game then im stoked as hell. If its a REAL suikoen game. I dont want something in the vein of Tierkreis, ore even SIV.. i want a REAL Suikoden game. Heres to hoping they do one.. though some of the comments here aren't sounding too good =(

Regardless, im pretty sure it wont come out in the states. PSP is dead in the US which is too bad. Theres tons of neat rpgs that we never see. I REFUSE to buy digital d.loads but i broke that rule for suikoden 1. I would break it again for this i suppose
Yep:
Official website (with trailer):
http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/genso/100-years/

Official twitter page:
http://twitter.com/#!/genso573
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

I transcribed this by ear, so it could be wrong.

Dialogue in the trailer:

教えてください、この時代に何があったのかを・・・
百年後の未来か・・・
「あいよりや」が怪物なら、てめぇーらも立派な怪物なんだろう。
素性も分からない奴の言いなりになんてなれるか。
今は何も考えなくてもいい・・・
でもちゃんと立つんだ!立って、前に歩くんだ!

Please tell me... What happened in this time period?
A 100 years in the future, eh?
You calling ___________ monsters? Hell, you guys are frickin' monsters yourselves!
Whatever the hell they are, there's no way I'm letting 'em push me around.
It's ok, don't think about it too hard for now. But you must act! Stand, and go forth!

In that underline, I'm not sure what's being said. It sounds like aiyoriya is. Either my listening comprehension is too poor, I don't know the grammar behind it, or it's a key word in this game.

UPDATE: I asked on the youtube page in Japanese what that aiyoriya". I assume it was a Japanese person who responded, saying that it sounds more like Aionia to him/her, and is probably someone's name.
Last edited by dragonmasterx on Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Great, thank you
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

First off, I am excited for a new game in the series. Even if it is poor like Tiekries, then at least this might be the beginning of another project linked to a future Suikoden VI. Also, a US and EU release of the game is actually very likely, though it may not come in a timely fashion, as very few of the Suikodens have. The reason I say that is this: Vita will not have a disk drive, it will run on games downloaded from the PSN only, supposedly the descision to do this was to make battery life far more sustainable without a physical disk drive. As a result, the Vita will have backwards compatibility with PSX classics, PSP, and PS2 games. It is unlikely that they will invest in a disk version of the game, but Sony via the Vita, is heavily pushing for digital distribution of its games. A subtitled version or a dubbed version of the game is likely in both the EU and US
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Rooks wrote:though it may not come in a timely fashion, as very few of the Suikodens have.
Most Suikodens have been released in English within 6 months of the Japanese release. Not since II has the wait been longer than that.
Rooks wrote:The reason I say that is this: Vita will not have a disk drive, it will run on games downloaded from the PSN only
The Vita uses game cartridges.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Last I heard Vita was going to use an internal Flash storage with an SD Card slot, allowing for expansion, though that was early in the development of the system and it is possible they moved to cartridges like 3DS. And 6 months is not a timely fashion by today's standards, especially not by Konami's standards, in which many games only have a 1-2 month delay, if any delay at all.

My point is still valid, that Sony is pressing for digital distribution for several reasons I mentioned, plus, they believe that resales of hard copies hurt their new game sales. In any event, the case that a US and EU version will appear is stronger than the argument and it will not. Don't get petulant with me just because I made a reasonable case that was contrary to yours.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Rooks wrote:Last I heard Vita was going to use an internal Flash storage with an SD Card slot, allowing for expansion, though that was early in the development of the system and it is possible they moved to cartridges like 3DS.
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/15/seen- ... ita-games/
And 6 months is not a timely fashion by today's standards, especially not by Konami's standards, in which many games only have a 1-2 month delay, if any delay at all.
For anything that's not MGS under 6 months is more than reasonable for translation of an RPG. Tierkreis took 3 months, V 1 month, Tactics 2 months, III 3 months. If that's unreasonable to you then I'm gonna have to suggest that it's you that have unreasonable demands.

Only downer is IV that took 5.
Don't get petulant with me just because I made a reasonable case that was contrary to yours.
Don't get petulant just because you don't know what you're talking about and I have to correct you. And I already said a digital release isn't unthinkable.
A digital PSN release wouldn't be unthinkable though if they don't bring the UMD here.
Last edited by Raww Le Klueze on Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

A quote from the article you linked: "You've heard about the "NGV," right? Sony's proprietary media format for the PlayStation Vita? If you haven't, that's totally okay, as Sony hasn't exactly been speaking about it very much. The company didn't actually mention it during its Vita-focused TGS 2011 press conference, or during its similarly Vita-heavy keynote."

So, since I don't spend my time trolling Game Rumors boards to find this obscure info it is somehow my fault. Consider that Konami has been working on this for some time. KC_McDohl and I have been in contact with the former members of the Suikoden Team for about the last year, and all have hinted to the release of a new game, though very guardedly to say the least. So, really this is no surprise. We just could not make what was said to us public because it came in the way of personal correspondence which we thought best to keep under our hat.

And you are petulant everywhere, it seems to be your occupation on these boards. It has little to do with you correcting me. In all honesty, you should have been banned with Templeton on that thread where Temp said that Vex had been sent to Christian Camp. For saying that "the only thing worse than being forced to be a Christian was to become one Voluntarily", but I suppose they let it go because Temp was clearly not on his meds at the time, though I have no idea what your excuse was.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Wether or not someone should be banned, is not your place to discuss, Rooks.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Well, he can discuss it with Oppenheimer if he wants to, but not in here. Here is for the game.

And I can't say I see anything that suggests anything about the setting, there's one spot where something comes from a hand but I can't claim that it looks consistent with runes or marks.

http://www.klueze.com/suiko/magic.png
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Well, he can discuss it with Oppenheimer if he wants to, but not in here.
No. I am not going to, it is not like I have anything against you personally, and I am not vindictive enough to actually want you to be banned. Just saying that I would have disciplined you for that were I a moderator. I'll let it go, but just know that I think you should take a look at how you act on these boards. Besides, the whole thread was disappeared awhile ago, for obvious reasons.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: NEW GAME ANNOUNCED BY KONAMI!!! (9-17-2011)

Post by KFCrispy »

hot damn!! my next video game system is officially the VITA or PSP