Fan English translation announced for Oct 8

A forum for questions and discussions about the PSP game roughly translated as "The Woven Web of a Century"
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Fan English translation announced for Oct 8

Post by KFCrispy »

https://twitter.com/TManakode/status/14 ... 88772?s=19

Thank you to everyone who made this possible. I am very excited to check out the final "Suikoden" title!
JuveLeo

Re: Fan English translation announced for Oct 8

Post by JuveLeo »

This is amazing! Can't wait to finally play it
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

As someone who platested this: this translation is extremely good!

Unfortunately, the game will probably be met with a more divided response. But don't blame it on the translation :-P
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Antimatzist wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:28 pm As someone who platested this: this translation is extremely good!

Unfortunately, the game will probably be met with a more divided response. But don't blame it on the translation :-P
I'll take anything at this point lol. Regardless of it being subpar or whatever, I'm excited to play a Suikoden game again. Especially one I've never played.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

You can find the patch here:
https://suikodenwoven.website/
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Has anyone played it yet?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

JuveLeo wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:04 am Has anyone played it yet?
What do you mean by that?

I tested it again yesterday on.my Vita and it worked flawlessly. :-)
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Awesome! I will be playing it tonight. I'm excited!
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

I noticed Rafael's Suikoden Revival Movement logo there, on the splash screen when you start up, and I had to laugh. Anyway, I am liking the translation thus far. But with my business and my other activities, I honestly don't know when I will have time to complete it.

As far as the game itself, well, it reminds me more of a Tales game than a Suikoden, even though it is turn-based. It just seems to have more of a Tales vibe to its characters and story. One thing I didn't like off of the bat was just being forced to watch 20 minutes of cutscenes before I even made a real decision as the player. Never liked that. But the translation is overall pretty good so far.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yeah, the beginning of the game is incredibly dialogue-heavy, and it doesn't help that most dungeons are really really short. So it's A LOT of reading. In the beginning, it escalates also very quickly. This game has a real issue with pacing, with some important story ore lore things just thrown at your head with little build-up. This is unfortunately also true for some of the villains, which never really have time to shine.

It has some cool ideas though, and I think people would have liked III more if the battle system was closer to Tsumuji's (just with runes).
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

So, I have some gripes about the game, but I am liking it, so far anyway.

Yeah characters can be a little stiff, and the mechanics can be a little hard to learn, but, it's fine.

I mean, you want to see a bad sequel people waited 14 years to play? Yeah, that's Duke Nukem Forever. So yeah, I have my gripes with some of the game, but at least it is not just Tir running around being sexist at everyone with no concept of what makes a "story" or a "game." So, it is best to remember things can only be worse; we could be Duke Nukem fans.