New Suikoden Game

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: New Suikoden Game

Post by Sasarai10 »

art nope...not-good sorry...but i can help somehow with the plot. send me a PM with your e-mail so we could discuss it there
Virande

Post by Virande »

Another additional idea, the cause of Boris and Klaus defeat : another high rank bishop from harmonia (New character) who possess a true rune (or not, depends if you want to make him/her a final boss is great idea too, maybe something like Mind Rune, a Hypnotize base true rune, which cause Higheast a lot easier to rebel, but it's all up to you) leads the army and in that case, Luc knows the bishop's power and maybe some face to face between them.

Luc : "That Mind Rune, it's not humane to use that power to manipulate them"
Bishop : "What do you know about humane? You even not a human!"
Luc : ".... What do you mean?"
Bishop : "So you don't know, huh?"

<a dialogue or flashback about Luc and Sasarai creations>

Luc : drop on his knee and shock "All i know, my ageless... is because of this True Wind Rune... but... the truth is...."
Bishop : "Now you know it, true identity of yourself. Rather than you fight against me, better to fight against yourself first. I'll leave you here."
Luc still in shock and Bishop leave causing the Allied army defeated..

after several events and game time, you can add Luc's struggle about his own self and finally make up his mind... and you can refer to the scene between Luc and Leknaat in S3 where Leknaat will let Luc go in search of his own destiny...

Before he left, Sarah wants to join with Luc, we know she is very close with Luc and also grown up with him...
Drake

Post by Drake »

Hi Friends, Good news i find some new stuff and with that i can improve my game maps and put some sounds from suikoden too, and i need some opinions i Build a new hero for the game.

Did you Guys like ? The name gonna be Teo someone guess why ? lol
Drake

Post by Drake »

I like the idea of a Evil Bishop with a true rune I can use him to manipulate forces to start the High Rebelion, and this guy Teo ( Son of McDohl) gonna help to assemble the forces of his dad and of Rio to face then.

I will start the game plot with just a few character and with a medium quality map soon as i can i will release a demo.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Drake wrote:Hi Friends, Good news i find some new stuff and with that i can improve my game maps and put some sounds from suikoden too, and i need some opinions i Build a new hero for the game.

Nice but better change his name,since Teo might lead to confusion. How about "John"? Surprisingly enough "John" was never used in any Suikoden character

btw,who would be Tir's wife?
Drake

Post by Drake »

I Think Teo just to honor his father name Death by his own hands in Suiko I but a new name can be nice too.
And about his wife gonna be a normal person who gonna die in first act.

I was thinking in a name for the game maybe Suikoden :The War of 7 Army's or something like that
In the plot the "hero" will unite all generals :

Viktor leading the Mercenary's,
Ridley the Kobolts,
Jowy Some Highland's,
Riou his old Troops,
Miloktov Matilda Knights,
Futch Dragon Knights
Luc some Mages.

But i am open to other ideas and changes :D
Drake

Post by Drake »

Hi Guys i make some more sprites, including the hero one check it out.

I still need to create other sprites and i gonna try to improve the map, so its just a sample
Virande

Post by Virande »

Drake wrote:... and this guy Teo ( Son of McDohl) gonna help to assemble the forces of his dad and of Rio to face then.
i don't think it would fit to be Tir's son... how old his son is gonna be, and we know just about a year from s2, Tir staring to get close with Kasumi.. i prefer he would be brother or maybe son from Teo and Sonya? maybe they have a son in secret, but kept away from gregminster so no one would discover their affair..

Maybe he sent to Harmonia to study. He's very possibly have a first class citizenship easily with his parents help, since Teo / Sonya (if you consider he's son of Teo and Sonya) is well known as generals in Toran...

Toran takes no part during Higheast Rebellion, so i think he may be on Harmonia's side at first, but switch to the Dunan's side seeing the un-human actions from the Bishop, he may leaks some important strategy or weakness since he knows a lot about Harmonia.. he may be the turning point for Dunan Army..
Drake wrote:I was thinking in a name for the game maybe Suikoden :The War of 7 Army's or something like that
In the plot the "hero" will unite all generals :

Viktor leading the Mercenary's,
Ridley the Kobolts,
Jowy Some Highland's,
Riou his old Troops,
Miloktov Matilda Knights,
Futch Dragon Knights
Luc some Mages.
A lot came out my mind when you mention those armies...

Suikoden mostly related to number of 6, like 6 scarlet generals and 6 region of Toran (S1), 6 states of city-states (s2), 6 grassland clan and 6 zexen knights (s3), 6 group of razril knights and 6 major habitat island (s4), also 6 queens knights (s5).. so i think it's better to stick to the number of 6... XD

I would prefer the 6 with Mercenaries, Kobolds, Wingers, Highlanders, States Army, Matilda Knights.

Futch alone would be okay, but for the armies of dragon knights i think it would be too much.. I would like Futch still in his journey with Humphrey and in progress raise Blight... and after this war, Milia sees Futch's heroic actions and he welcomed back to the Dragon Fortress, and Milia trusting her daughter Sharon under Futch eyes.. since she can't handle sharon's curiousity and she keeps running away to a new places... So, Milia thinks Futch will be fit because Futch is the only Dragon Knights who has the most experience outside the Fortress. (This will give you some background how Futch, Blight, and Sharon crossing around the continent, and finally meet with Hugo in S3) - that's why i prefer to take out the Dragon Knight from the list..

Mages... their own power is already massive individually, and if you put an army of mages, that would be overpowered i guess... so... i prefer to have a couple of mages to helps rather than an entire armies of mages... remember the battle between Crowley and Mazus causes the badlands entirely uninhabitable.. it's jus two of them... the armies of mages could destroy more than half of northern continents.. lol.

it would be nice if to see Viktor mercenary with Gilbert, face to face with Ace... ace was originally one of Gilbert's unit, but under the mind rune control, ace switch side to Harmonian' side.. after the wars ends, he doesn't have the face to return back to Gilbert's mercenary so he apply to the SFDF and become one of Geddoe's group. (would be nice to link the stories). At first, gilbert will leads these mercenaries (Because Viktor and Flik on their journey to save Edge's village from vampire attacks), and the situation getting worse because the mind rune effect and lots of soldiers change to the other side.. (this is when Viktor and Flik hear the situation about the invading Harmonian army to Dunan, and he hand over the Zodiac Sword to Edge, and they return to help Dunan since they know the enemy is human, not vampires..) another background on edge in S3.. After Viktor and Flik came back to Dunan and take control the mercenaries army, they boost the morale since the Dunan and Toran Republic know well they both are also Heroes..

About the Wingers, you can make some background of how Landis ends alone in Kuput Forest. Maybe Landis is one who also get under controlled by the Mind Rune, and the Harmonian interested with the Races, so Landis is taken to Harmonia for further research... maybe they see a potential from the wingers and they want to make their current armies able to fly. After the war, the hostage was released but Landis is missing and lost to Kuput Forest.

States Army, which you mentioned as Riou's old armies... Firstly leads by Hauser.. but they can't hold the power of the massive Harmonian armies.. Jess (or someone, but i think Jess is the most fit for these plot) will run searching for Shu, asking for helps... But Shu denied, he only tells "If you want to win the war, you need someone who can unify everyone and someone who can boosted the morale.. someone like Riou", after that, he start going to the north to search Riou, Nanami and Jowy (since he also got the information from Shu that the 3 of them on journey to the north)

Highlanders, i think every Highland generals died after S2, so this would be a great space to fill many new characters... maybe a newborn general after L'Renouille rebuilt... many can explore... Jowy maybe part here, since his return with Riou, the current Highland leaders, (i'm thinking he/she is admire Jowy for some reasons) got a very much experience from Jowy himself.. (you can explore so much in Jowy and Highland history during the S2, how Jowy joins the highland, take over Jhee's army, captured greenhill, killing Luca, marry Jillia, become a King, force Riou to surrender, etc)

Kobolds and Matilda, not many idea in my mind.. for now, i just imagine Ridley and Miklotov's successor leads the kobolds and the matildas in general. To many differences would not good too, right? XD

Hope my ideas can be useful for your project ...
Last edited by Virande on Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Sticky and I had devised a synopsis for a post-Suikoden II game, would you like to hear about it?

Also, the design of your main character is awesome, I like it a lot.
Virande

Post by Virande »

Additional about the wingers, i just remember. remember at the first fire bringer war. you can connected why Harmonia doesn't want to release Le Buque and the Mantis back to Grassland.. they wants the flying army to equal the Dragon Knights... but they see Le Buque progress is not so well lately, so they start searching for others flying armies potential, which is, wingers... Harmonia (Hikusaak) maybe wants the flying armies to search the True Runes since the land or sea base army have their limits, they want to search the True Runes which lies in the southern, western, and eastern continents. Since they know the Wingers now at Two Rivers which is in Dunan, this may be the plot for the Harmonia attack to Dunan...
Drake

Post by Drake »

Virande you did it again, very nice your new plot and i agree with your points.
In intro we show Leeknat talking about the Victory of Suikoden 2 and she have some visions of a great darkness who she never saw, some stars are moving out of his course someone is changing the Destiny.(Mind Controller)
And she see a image of Future Luc with a mask (one of stars changed by Bishop Actions), she not recognizes him at first but will have this bad feeling she say to Luc goes to Dunan and Look for the Hero.

My first idea was use the protagonist as Tir son, he gonna graduate in a academy in Dunan region and tir and his wife goes to visit him , the wife go to market and tir go watch his son fight after the match occurs a surprise attack and they burn the town and start to all kill villagers, the hero's mother is hit by a arrow, And Tir goes mad, he say for his son run and warn Lady Teresa about the Invasion and he try to hold all troops much as he can by himself using the Soul Eater.

The hero Meet what Gremio and tell him what happen, they go to town and find Teresa who send's Klaus and Boris to lead troops and fight with the invasion but dont let the Hero join in the war, The hero decide to go by himself and Gremio Call him saying, he cant save his master but he will not let the same fate happen with his son. A misterious person (Richmond??) hear gremio saying the boy name and say a guy is looking for him in town he cant remember the name but is one who call himself master of air.
They go to Inn and ask for this master of air, and appear a bald monk kid (Avatar reference) and his monkey Mr Bazzoka (Special playable) Ritchmon says the one i am looking for has more hair the kid goes mad and after a while luc appears.

They Go to the Town but when they Reach the battle is already over Boris and Klaus fall into a trap and they were taken prisoner. they follow someone who use a spell Gremio and the Hero fall But Luc stands.

Bishop says this magic affects all Humans, unless...(start your dialogue idea)
Drake

Post by Drake »

Bruce all help is welcome :)
And Virande i gonna need some help in the hero story if son of tir will not work, i need someone who have contacts to unite all
Virande

Post by Virande »

Haha.. happy to help.. XD
Drake wrote:My first idea was use the protagonist as Tir son, he gonna graduate in a academy in Dunan region and tir and his wife goes to visit him , the wife go to market and tir go watch his son fight after the match occurs a surprise attack and they burn the town and start to all kill villagers, the hero's mother is hit by a arrow, And Tir goes mad, he say for his son run and warn Lady Teresa about the Invasion and he try to hold all troops much as he can by himself using the Soul Eater.
the only possible plot is at Greenhill.. to take note, Higheast rebellion is 12 years after S2 (Year 472), and we know until Year 461 Tir is still in touch and have a "close" relationship with Kasumi... so either Kasumi is the mother (this would make the son about 10-11 y.o at the game), or if the mother is a new girl, the son will be 9-10 y.o...
Drake wrote:And Virande i gonna need some help in the hero story if son of tir will not work, i need someone who have contacts to unite all
Sure, you can list it, in this thread or PM, whatever you like, about any plots you will use.. maybe i can help to link, add, or give a bit alternate (if you prefer my suggestion rather than you already have in mind) to link them all together..
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Drake wrote:Hi Friends, Good news i find some new stuff and with that i can improve my game maps and put some sounds from suikoden too, and i need some opinions i Build a new hero for the game.

If I am not mistaken this is a character from Fire Emblem (Lyn) with the pony tail removed. It's ok as a placeholder, but you should make sure to make it clear to people that this is not your own creation.
Virande

Post by Virande »

I'm just thinking, regarding Tir's personality... i don't think he will be mad and going out of control abusing the Soul Eater power.. It's very unwise for someone like Tir who already experienced so many pain in the past... And, i like the idea if you couple Tir-Kasumi.. if you want to keep the Hero is Tir's son. He will have a martial arts-ninja ability... which is pretty awesome in combat skill... And Gremio already devoted his life to stay in Tir's side until his death..

So my alternate is : Take the idea that Tir's son will be at Greenhill for academic reason.. the Harmonian forces will attack from the northwest area (Grassland, former karaya village then forest village then head to greenhill). And at the same time, the Bishop uses his mind rune to the Higheast... according to this, Dunan will be attacked by two sides (northwest and northeast), and Matilda surrounded in the middle... Know the large scale of the enemy, Matilda knight forces to draw back to Muse but more than half of the knights failed to retreat (either died or under the rune control).. Tir and Kasumi which currently at Gregminster (as usual), hear this incident and decided to go to Dunan for aid their son..

Before i continue... i need to know something... Is this boy (Tir's son) will be the protagonist (Tenkai Star)? if so, will he hold a true rune? a new one? or the known one?