[RPG Maker] Suikoroku Gaiden Official Thread

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine

[RPG Maker] Suikoroku Gaiden Official Thread

Post by 727 »

I decided this will be the new hub of my rpg maker vx game SUIKOROKU GAIDEN. I will release information here from time to time. I know a lot of you have coincidentally been crying out for a new suikoden game and so have I. This game is entirely nonprofit and encompasses episodes. The first episode is due for release on AUGUST 27th! That's NEXT FRIDAY!

Episode I download
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CH47OXV9

Episode II(October 2010)

Episode III(January 2011)

Episode IV(TBA)

Here's some screenshots(outdated but if there's enough outcry, i will post new ones.)

the story

''The world has been at war frequently throughout the last few years. It has dented the morale of the people within the land and they cherish every moment of this momentary peace. Former generals in both of these great wars who were once full of vigor find themselves battered and bruised. Their bodies have begun to break down and they feel like it is time for the next generation to fight their own battles. The two kings who waged this great war find great pressure from society to fill the void. The world wants them to tell them what to do, but they don't know what to do themselves so they run. However, their past catches up to them. Jowy (the king of the defeated army) is threatened when he realizes that the world is not so simple for him to just run away from. He had spent months trying to seal a rune that had the power to destroy the world, and it had nearly killed him in the process. In his ignorance, he didn't realize that by running away he left it wide open for the taking. The evil soon uses this rune to manipulate him into serving her while he plots a way out of this mess.''

This game is VERY dialogue heavy. I am a college student who was written several books and that is my main focus. This game tells the story of the events immediately following Suikoden II.
What happened to Jowy? Where did Riou go? What was the higheast rebellion like? Where did Windy go? All these questions and more will finally be answered! I am really looking forward to you all playing my game. The plot is the star of the show and I think it will even outshine the game itself. Each episodes builds on itself to create anticipation for the next. The game is also played out through the eyes of different playable characters(even villains!) but the main cast is Viktor and Flik.

Look forward to this game being released IN THE NEXT WEEK OR TWO!(I've been working on it since May)
Last edited by 727 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:02 am, edited 11 times in total.
A brand new Suikoden game with a well-written script!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Suikorok ... ?ref=br_tf

Re: SUIKOROKU GAIDEN OFFICIAL THREAD

Post by 727 »

I just thought this should be known. There are different endings to Suikoden II and my game is focused on a new ending we'll call the real ending. This ending is similar to the perfect ending except nanami did die(I thought that was stupid how they brought her back)

Post by 727 »

Another problem people might find is that there is this general thought that Leon Silverberg was a nice guy... In my game he is not so much evil as he is manipulative. I do not think that the notion of him trying to avoid casualties is entirely accurate. I think he may be romanticized.

example: the kalekka incident where Leon suggested they massacre everyone and blame jowston. In the suikosource description they make him sound like ghandi because he's ''reducing casualties?'' I've heard this from other Suikoden fans also. I just don't see it.

veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Nice effort :)

I'll waiting for next friday.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Dunno what you've been smoking to see SuikoSource mention him as a Ghandi like person

Post by 727 »

That's odd because I read something last night i thought was at suikosource that talked about him trying to reduce casualties. I've been researching a lot of the characters backgrounds to get realistic motivation. Awhile back I also heard from some suikoden fans who thought leon wasnt that bad of a guy.

What I read last night(which is not on leons page atm) was that he tried to hold off the beast rune until Riou could get there to fight it, but as I recall he cut himself and unleashed the rune himself in a last ditch effort to take everyone down with him.(even betraying Jowy who had nearly died using his Rune to prevent the beast rune from being used again) When you combine that with the Kalekka incident, I don't see how people can see Leon in a good light.

Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

I think he summoned it, so it could be taken down. Since it was kind of awake anyway, hold only in check by Jowy's rune. With Jowy gone, i guess the rune would rampage sooner or later. So i guess he felt it was safer to unleash it, when he knew the people there could take it down, thus ending the harm it could actually cause.

I personally think Leon aint that much of a bad guy. He's just doing what it takes to win the war. Is that evil? Maybe it is. But no matter how you look at it, the highland side got humans as well. So Shu (Just as an example) would be equally as "Evil" as Leon for designing schemes to take down the Highland forces.

Post by 727 »

That's somewhat true. Leon is the hardest characters to write about because he's so complex in his motivation. He comes off as a villain in my story but he actually has valid reasoning. I don't want suikoden fans to feel like I'm not sticking to canon, because I am. It's just that not everything is at it seems all the time. It's not a big deal because he is overshadowed as the series progresses anyway.

edit:

Btw anyone interested in making me a new title screen?

Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yep, and when Leon summons the Beast Rune, he says the rune can not be sealed away much longer. Thus, if it wasn't summoned at that point, the Beast rune would have unleashed itself when Riou and his powerful SODs weren't around to defeat it, resulting untold casualties.

About Leon's motivation being "reducing casualties," this comes from the creator of the series itself, so it's not about what fans believe. It's stone cold fact.

The Leon Silverberg FAQ explains this stuff in detail, available at suikox

http://www.suikox.com/articles/legacies ... rberg.html
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

All these questions and more will finally be answered!
When attempting to answer questions it's generally a good idea to actually know the answer. At the very least be able to understand the basic plot.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Also, about how a new ending for Suikoden 2 was created where Riou and Jowy are alive but Nanami is dead, die-hard Suikoden purists (such as myself) would find that hard to take serious, mainly because its not canon. Also, the "sales pitch" saying "What happened to Jowy? Where did Riou go? What was the higheast rebellion like? Where did Windy go? All these questions and more will finally be answered!" is clearly exaggerated, because only Konami (and Murayama) can answer actually answer that. You don't want to be thought of as "fanon trying to sell itself as canon."
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Doesn't Suikogaiden Vol.2 solidify the Nanami lives ending as canon anyway? I believe it always shows the scene with Jowy, Nanami and Riou even if you loaded data without 108 SoDs.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Doesn't Suikogaiden Vol.2 solidify the Nanami lives ending as canon anyway? I believe it always shows the scene with Jowy, Nanami and Riou even if you loaded data without 108 SoDs.
Yes, regardless of the 108 stars data or not. The existence of data will result in changes to dialogue, though.

Post by 727 »

I already know about Leon and Nanami. I just don't agree with it because it's poorly done.

Some guy who ordered soldiers to massacre a town is suddenly a nice peaceful guy? I already know that he held off the rune but his actions throughout the game show otherwise regardless of an attempt at saving face. He's neutral imo

Some girl who i witnessed get shot down magically reappears back to life because of an even more illogical
''hey i'm actually not dead! I was just pretending!''

Post by 727 »

Vextor wrote:Also, about how a new ending for Suikoden 2 was created where Riou and Jowy are alive but Nanami is dead, die-hard Suikoden purists (such as myself) would find that hard to take serious, mainly because its not canon. Also, the "sales pitch" saying "What happened to Jowy? Where did Riou go? What was the higheast rebellion like? Where did Windy go? All these questions and more will finally be answered!" is clearly exaggerated, because only Konami (and Murayama) can answer actually answer that. You don't want to be thought of as "fanon trying to sell itself as canon."
This game does answer those questions. It's not intended to be taken as canon but that doesn't change the fact that it does answer them. My game is inspired by canon but not a slave to canon.