[Dead] Suikoden Game for RMXP

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
BadPotato

Re: Suikoden Game for RMXP off to a great start

Post by BadPotato »

some news about the project?

keep us know about the progress guys :)
Yensoo

Post by Yensoo »

The project is sort of at a stand still atm, the team leader/writer, jack of all trades had a HDD failure and has been unable to do anything for awhile. But he says he will be back within a week or so, and we'll be getting back on our feet.
Sorry for the delay everyone, but the project is coming along. Even if it's slowly for now.
Long live Suikoden!
Jack of All Trades

Post by Jack of All Trades »

So, I've finally recovered from my hard drive failure. It sucked, and now my laptop lags where it didn't lag before but I'm back. I have to rewrite the chapters that I didn't back up on our windows live site but we aren't dead yet. The core members of the team are still here. So I think everything is going to be okay. I still haven't had the chance to talk to everybody yet though.
XIII

Post by XIII »

Much luck to you guys and your project! I'm really curious and excited to try out this game.
FaustWolf

Post by FaustWolf »

Jack of All Trades, I saw on the Gensopedia board that you're having trouble getting map resources? If you're still pursuing this, you can get them pretty easily from VRAM dumps. In addition, a fair number of tilesets are already available here.

Hope you'll see this eventually. I would've responded over at Gensopedia but they've got some kind of freeze on new member validation.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

I originally only planned to write a summary of Gremio's short story, but before I knew it, I translated a large chunk of it. Ch. 2-4 are done, Ch.1 needs to be rewritten, and just Ch. 5 is remaining. I'm putting it on hold for now, and will share it when it's completely done. If I ever abandon it completely, I'll just share the work I've done up to now.

As for the project itself, I haven't see anything concrete on the programming side. So I'm not expecting it to get very far, not at the current pace at least.
Yensoo

Post by Yensoo »

By the looks of it this entire project has gone under. If someone (meaning a few people at least) were willing to work on the actual scripting ect... we miight be able to get the writer back. And I could still do the art. But it's just too hard to find people willing to comit. Even I don't like to haha.
Long live Suikoden!
FaustWolf

Post by FaustWolf »

I think they're getting this back together?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6OSYPbRbdE

http://suikodenn.webs.com/

Or at least it seems there's one person trudging along still.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Just for the record, I haven't forgotten about the short story. Just general laziness has been keeping me away from it.

I've been studying for Kanji Kentei Level 2, by the official guidelines, this is the high school graduate level for kanji. I'll practically be well-educated native Japanese in terms of kanji level if I pass this test, on July 9th. I will resume translation of the short story after that. Because it is seriously a waste if I don't with over half of it done already.
robinfire23

Post by robinfire23 »

Hello.. Umm.. As you can see I am just new here.. So mind telling me how is this project doing?? Is it still ongoing?? Or was it stopped?? It seems like there has been no update whatsoever for quite a while..
Some of my favorite quotes..

Luca: DIE PIG!!

Kage: A ninja waste no words..

Futch: Humphrey has friends??

Luca again: It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousand..
Yensoo

Post by Yensoo »

As far as I know this project is going nowhere. I was part of it and the forum and windows live page have both been inactive for close to a year. So I doubt anything is being done on it sadly. Let me know if you find out otherwise.
Long live Suikoden!
robinfire23

Post by robinfire23 »

Ugh.. I was really looking forward to this.. Seems like it's really hard to make a game of your own.. *sigh*
Some of my favorite quotes..

Luca: DIE PIG!!

Kage: A ninja waste no words..

Futch: Humphrey has friends??

Luca again: It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousand..

Post by 727 »

Weird coincidence. I'm actually making my own game and I'm almost done! This is a completely different project using the successor to this program and I think it'll be much better. see my thread in the suikoden 2 board for more info. It is about the 15 year gap between suikoden 2 and 3.

http://i47.tinypic.com/20qj31j.jpg
A brand new Suikoden game with a well-written script!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Suikorok ... ?ref=br_tf

Post by 727 »

I think the reason that his game was never finished is because it was so overambitious. I read a little bit about his project and it seemed like he was trying to do too many things at once. My game(at least the first episode) does not try to do too much at once. I am keeping things simple and my goal is to win over the audience with a great storyline and not so much on complicated scripts. Another advantage my game has is that its released in smaller episodes that allow the users to actually experience everything I'm saying without having to keep making promises that are unrealistic.

Check it out august 27th. Sleeper hit!
A brand new Suikoden game with a well-written script!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Suikorok ... ?ref=br_tf
Yensoo

Post by Yensoo »

Nice! Can you link your project for the convenience of everyone on this forum?

And also if you need any help with anything (mostly art and spriting) I can help. Also I like to brainstorm story ideas. Lemme know if you wanna.
Can't wait to try this!
Long live Suikoden!