Suikoden Forum RP

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
Falcon Fencer

Suikoden Forum RP

Postby Falcon Fencer » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:02 pm

Hi guys,

I was just genuinely curious if anybody was interested in this idea, as someone who used to run an rp forum based on Suikoden (give us a shout if you were on Castle Northwind) I feel that my past years of experience both staffing and being a member on rp forums has helped me correct a few errors and flaws I had in my approach before and I really want to give it a try again.

I've got a few ideas but wanted to gauge what sort of thing people might be interest in...

Perhaps a familiar setting, in line with the games? (Suikoden 1, 2, 3 timeline etc)
A New Setting? (Unexplored country, maybe a scenario like the Scarlet Moon War of Succession between Barbarosa and Geil? etc)
Something more inclusive of all suikoden (Setting involving multiple games characters being brought together? etc)

I've already started work on the project but determining a direction to move, would welcome all suggestions and ideas.

Falcon Fencer

Re: Suikoden Forum RP

Postby Falcon Fencer » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:25 am

Just an update on this so you guys know a bit more:

After pondering over ideas I'm really liking the idea of a setting during the Scarlet Moon War of Succession between Barbarossa and Geil Rugner, with the familiar setting of Suikoden I's Scarlet Moon Empire a few years before the evens of Suikoden V with civil war taking place over the throne and Barbarossa actually being a protagonist before the whole Windy thing. Got rather young Great Generals with Teo in his early 30s and even Georg Prime in his 20s. Could be a really fun opportunity to explore a period of history (maybe even change it) without the constraints of needing 108 Stars of Destiny, obviously some characters will be too young or not even born but there will be fun options to make an appearance. Also due to the lack of female canons I'm thinking allowing original characters is a definite must.

It's been years since I've rped Suikoden so hoping that I'll find some takers on this, feels like something fresh rather than revisiting something obvious.

Return to “Suikoden Fan Work”