Pedro Dicasttro artworks

A place for artists to highlight their artwork they are submitting to the site.
MasamuneDate

Pedro Dicasttro artworks

Post by MasamuneDate »

The first fan art.
Georg Prime, considered to be the greatest swordsman on the world of Suikoden.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Pedro Dicasttro artworks

Post by Pyriel »

It's an all right effort, but it's pretty slap-dash anatomically. His legs and pelvis make it look like his torso should tend to be turned slightly to his right; his right shoulder makes it look like his torso should be twisted rather drastically to his left. His face, neck and what can be seen of his chest are facing fully to the front. And his arms appear to be attached to his pecs and the middle of his rib cage. I feel like going into that position with any force, or holding it for any length of time would cause rhabdomyolysis in my pectoral muscles.

It's not too huge a deal. I've seen professional artists forget legs because they were partially obscured.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Looks an awful lot like Georg's appearance in Suikogaiden Vol.1

Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
MasamuneDate

Post by MasamuneDate »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Looks an awful lot like Georg's appearance in Suikogaiden Vol.1

I've taken inspiration from that image. That's one epic scene! - I thought to myself while playing Suikogaiden Vol.1
So I've tried to recreate it with a more "realistic feel".
MasamuneDate

Post by MasamuneDate »

Pyriel wrote:It's an all right effort, but it's pretty slap-dash anatomically. His legs and pelvis make it look like his torso should tend to be turned slightly to his right; his right shoulder makes it look like his torso should be twisted rather drastically to his left. His face, neck and what can be seen of his chest are facing fully to the front. And his arms appear to be attached to his pecs and the middle of his rib cage. I feel like going into that position with any force, or holding it for any length of time would cause rhabdomyolysis in my pectoral muscles.

It's not too huge a deal. I've seen professional artists forget legs because they were partially obscured.
Appreciate the feedback, but as the image is pretty much what it looked like in Suikogaiden Vol.1, the blame doesn't fall entirely on me, right?
Anyway, I see your points, and I can use them to do it better next time.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Yeah, I've never played the Suikogaidens. Most of what's going on in yours was definitely inherited from that image.

They evidently want it to be all dynamic, but it looks to me like his arms are falling off while trying to scratch a couple of hard to reach places simultaneously.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

MasamuneDate wrote:
Appreciate the feedback, but as the image is pretty much what it looked like in Suikogaiden Vol.1, the blame doesn't fall entirely on me, right?
Not very classy, blaming the source material for your own shortcomings. It's your duty as an artist to hone your own skills with anatomy studies and pre-sketches.
MasamuneDate

Post by MasamuneDate »

sticky-runes wrote:
MasamuneDate wrote:
Not very classy, blaming the source material for your own shortcomings. It's your duty as an artist to hone your own skills with anatomy studies and pre-sketches.
I acknowledge what i've done wrong. The "epicness" of the Suikogaiden scene blinded me, which is no excuse, but anyway, I'll try not to repeat the same mistakes from now on.
MasamuneDate

Post by MasamuneDate »

Alright. Next one: a grown-up Riou adorning Genkaku's armor. Supposing Riou sealed his rune as his former master did at the cave.

sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

good costume details on this one, but his thumb appears to be on the wrong side of his sword.
MasamuneDate

Post by MasamuneDate »

sticky-runes wrote:good costume details on this one, but his thumb appears to be on the wrong side of his sword.
Yeah. That's what bothered me on this artwork. Nothing that can't be fixed, though. I'll update it later with a background.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

The costume looks awesome! The upper body looks a bit too long (but might be because the costume is misleading my eye) and I'm not a fan of the face. Mh.. or.. no, the face is alright, it's just that I'm used to the anime style.
MasamuneDate

Post by MasamuneDate »

Antimatzist wrote:The costume looks awesome! The upper body looks a bit too long (but might be because the costume is misleading my eye) and I'm not a fan of the face. Mh.. or.. no, the face is alright, it's just that I'm used to the anime style.
You're right about the costume, it hides his waist line, so the body is alright. Now, about the face, anime is just not my style. The only time I draw an anime face on a character is when it's demanded for a project.
MasamuneDate

Post by MasamuneDate »

Okay. Here's the revised version of the image. It's a 1920x1080p image, so if anyone like it, feel free to download and use it as you wish. You can download it here: http://pedrodicasttro.deviantart.com/ar ... -436430471

veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

When I opened this thread I didn't know who Pedro Dicastrro is. I thought he was some great artist...
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.