aridanus' suiko dump (updates whenever)

A place for artists to highlight their artwork they are submitting to the site.
aridanus

aridanus' suiko dump (updates whenever)

Post by aridanus »

Hi. *_*
I'm aridanus. I'm 16 years old and I like suikoden and drawing.

I just signed up this morning, but I've known about this place for a long time. I finally got a PS2 recently (so late omg) so I've been playing Suikoden III & IV, and I've been motivated to draw again ~
I'm starting a thread and I'm hoping it'll drive me to draw more fanarts !

So I'm gonna start.. *_*

Originally I wanted to draw Millie and Kinnison (I always paired them keke) but then as I was looking for his ref, the site said that he liked Ayda! ;__; I was going to scrap it, but then I remembered that Sheena was play-boy type material and might hit on girls like Millie, so it's all good ~
I actually reeeaally love these two characters.

Sorry if this one is too big!
I LOVE EDGE. He is such a cutie! The arm proportions are a little bit off, but since I was working on it at such a huge size (dumb idea) I didn't bother editing it too much!

That's all for now! Hopefully I didn't break any rules. *_* I get paranoid about these things.
I wanted to draw Yuber next. ~
Last edited by aridanus on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hirathien

Re: aridanus' suiko dump

Post by Hirathien »

Hah, Nikisaur is gonna love the top one.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Awesome! :D Yeah, Hirathien, I do love the top one! Especially little Bonaparte just like gnawwing on his arm >.< good job! :D
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

aridanus wrote:I wanted to draw Yuber next. ~
If you do, please do it with his armor. Then draw Pesmerga and you'd have won my undying love, or not. But appreciate it I would!
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

Wow! Those are Awesome!! I would love to see more of your work! very nice :D
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

Good job. It's nice to see art done in a different style, but done really well at the same time. If that makes sense. It's kinda hard to explain, but there's a sense you get when an adaptation is actually original and not a hack-job.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

How about the S2 trio 15 years after, i.e. during the S3 timeline? Oh, well, Riou and Jowy won't age considerably because they are half-a-True-Rune bearers, but Nanami WILL. Surely, they would have another set of clothes as they get older, right? Unless you still want 30-year-old Nanami in her Chinese shoes, of course.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
aridanus

Post by aridanus »

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it *_*
I don't know whether I should add new pictures to the first post or just post replies.
I'll probably do things this way... to get a higher post # kekeke

My sister's birthday is next week and she loves Ted!
His hair is a lil bit orange and his left hand is kinda eugghhh.. but worst of all...
I made him a too feminine. =_= I'm ashamed / disgusted as well. I'm probably going to draw a girl next cos' I can't take this. OTL

Oh.. I have a sketch of Yuber done but I'm waiting for the creativity gears to kick in so I can make a proper bg. *_*
Otherwise... this week will be a choice of either drawing or beating Suikoden IV!!!

don't spoil me please, i'll cry!
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

I still think it is wonderful! I love your style! (especially the lil :| face haha) Looking forward to seeing more of your drawings!! :) :D :|
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

That's awesome! I agree about the expression on his face, totally suits Ted's S4 personality.

But,you should probably just post a link to the pictures. I don't know if the Artwork board rules are any different from the rest of the boards', but pictures in posts arent allowed. I dunno - ask a mod.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

They don't really match my taste, but still I think it is pretty nicely done. Hands and feet look awkward, but meh, that's not what it's about. :D

Especially Edge looks way too cute :D And the Star Dragon Sword looks high, hehe. Keep up the good work!
aridanus

Post by aridanus »

Heyy. I'm back. *_*
I read the rules, and if I read it correctly then I think I'm fiiineee? I could be wrong. *_* But perhaps I won't get in too much trouble. (:
And thanks for the critique! I know my hands and feet are a little wrong, but that's why I'm practicing, yeye ~

Soo, here's Belle & Gadget-Z (kinda) from S3. It was a little rushed since I have to get ready for bed, but iiitt's cool. Not my best, but it's not like she's my favorite character anyway... *_*?

I wanted to do something a little different, but the pose is a little.. bad. Haha, oh well. *_* (i didn't know how to fix it OTL)
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

WOO HOO!!! Another Fantastic Drawing!! keep it up!! :D *_*
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Cute! I like the pose :)
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Great pictures! Bet your over the moon Nikisaur? :P