Kartia

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
EternalOnslaught

Kartia

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Have any of you ever played this tactical RPG for the regular playstation? If so, what did you think about it? And if not, I recommand you at least trying it out if you can find a copy.

I won't go into details, but from my perspective it was a decent SRPG, and that it followed the paths of two characters, each with their own storyline, ofcourse they intereact, the storylines of the two characters.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Twelve

Re: Kartia

Post by Twelve »

I played Kartia! Like most of Atlus's games, it had truly revolutionary and interesting gameplay/storyline...but also like most of Atulus's games, something was missing that detracted from the overall game experience. I really enjoyed the ability of creating your minions, and creating their armor as well... But I would've preferred some level of flexibility...what I mean is, you really only have the option to create the "best" minions and arm them with the "best" equipment in each battle; I would've preferred different types of equipment that did different things so that there was some level of customization and strategizing, rather than merely choosing the "best". At that time, Final Fantasy Tactics was around, and allowed for much more customization of your individual characters so that you could build them as you liked.

Still, Kartia was pretty innovative. It's a shame that Atlus doesn't have the habit of creating sequels for most of its games.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I consider it one of several over-looked SRPGS out there, I guess the thing that impressed me a lot was probably their way of dealing with magic and also the music was pretty good as well.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Night

Post by Night »

Pardon the probably stupid question, but was this the same as Legend of Kartia, or were they both part of a series? I only have the vaguest of memories of it, but I do remember it having two main characters. I don't, however, remember being able to create your minions.

*Edit*

Heh, I don't know why I botthered asking the question since I wiki'd it straight afterwards. Yeah, exactly the same game, just renamed for Europe. Guess it's just my memory playing up on the gameplay then. I do remember enjoying it though.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Kagiya

Post by Kagiya »

I've never actually finished the game, though I still have it. Maybe I should restart it at some point.
Iku

Post by Iku »

the annoyiong thing about it was that you could only level your characters up to level 20, but that was pretty good because in a way it stopped you over leveling!
i liked the idea of how magic worked on it!
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
avenger

Post by avenger »

i have played this game and still own it. i liked both stories however Lacryma's story was much better and more emotional. she was very beautifull, smart, and strong minded. she handled herself well in battle as well.
the monster creation method was nice. but getting the real good monsters was always hard. you needed special kartia. i have played this game many times and i even played with cheat codes. that way i was able to create those good monsters at the off set of the game.

it's ashame we never got to have a sequal for this one just like brigandine another fantastic game.