Breath of fire 6 announced

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Jowy Atreides

Re: Breath of fire 6 announced

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It's on my to-play list for sure. I would probably still do something about the D-counter though; having a constant reminder that the game will end when this omnipresent number hits 100% just seems, well, odd to me.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

There are some news and animated tráiler http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/Breath_of_Fire_6/

No Ryu or Nina in sight it seems, may be is yet another rpg franchise that is reduced to random rpg with the name of the franchise sticked on the "cover" (no cover actually because its digital)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not delusional I perfectly know Bof itself is a "random rpg" but like any other RPG series it has a certain number of features/characters/lores in common that were always present...that are totally eliminated making it even more generic.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

No Ryu or Nina in sight it seems, may be is yet another rpg franchise that is reduced to random rpg with the name of the franchise sticked on the "cover" (no cover actually because its digital)
It's already known that there's no "Ryu" in a traditional sense. There's a Nina, though. She's even in the pictures you shared:

The game still confuses me. A recent trailer looked awesome, but that was without gameplay scenes. The gameplay graphics look boring, dull and cheap.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Pen

Post by Pen »

Does he turn into dragons? If not, I don't consider him a Ryu.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Pen wrote:Does he turn into dragons? If not, I don't consider him a Ryu.
I saw a tráiler not long ago and it seems the dragon form is still there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_U1O4s9RJs
Pen

Post by Pen »

Well, good.

It's because for me they didn't put empashis on the Dragon transformation on the trailer. You know, the whole point of the series?

For me, BoF is about that, not much the fantasy races diversity in your Party.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

For me BOf doesn't really have any particular traits that I look foward to see again each sttlement, it's just that I enjoyed every single game (except Five), not because the theme or the gameplay its just overall they were a really nice games. Well, if something what I really like about BOF was always the characters, not only Ryu and Nina, all the characerters are usually great.
Swordsman

Post by Swordsman »

Didn't really play BOF series.

I play abit of BOF 3 and BOF 4.

Didn't really like the series. Maybe I should give it a try again if they are released on PSN Store.