Dark Cloud

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Dark Cloud

Post by Noraibah »

Do you think that there will ever be a Dark Cloud 3? Just kind of curious about other people's opinion.
Maybe there isn't any story left in the series.It is pretty much a pity though.
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
Zer0

Re: Dark Cloud

Post by Zer0 »

I don't think there will be. Level 5 seems to be obsessed with White Knight Chronicles (vastly inferior to the two DC games)

However, i would love to see a new one. I loved everything about Dark Chronicle.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Just picked Dark Cloud up for a few bucks at the GameStop, hope it's as good as I hear.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Dark Cloud was great. I wish they would make a DC3 too.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I didn't like Dark Cloud or it's sequel. It was far too randomly generated dungeon crawl. It also required quite a bit of a grind.

There's another game from the SNES era, Soul Blazer, which is in the Actraiser series came out with a very similar idea. Except it didn't have randomly generated dungeons. You would fine exactly the items and get all the experience you needed by the time you worked your way to the end of the level. I liked it much better than the way Dark Cloud does the same idea.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I loved that the dungeons were randomly generated. It kept things from getting boring and too predictable. I also enjoyed White Knight Chronicles even though the story was kind of bland and cliche. I'm just so starved for a good JRPG, it was better than FFXIII.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Oppenheimer wrote:There's another game from the SNES era, Soul Blazer, which is in the Actraiser series came out with a very similar idea.
Actraiser series? Apart from being made by the same company I don't see what they have in common aside from the general theme? I've never heard it being part of anything other than the Creation series along with Terranigma and Illusion of Gaia/Time. Illusion even had a secret level from Soul Blazer if I remember this correctly. That was a fun game.

I kinda liked Dark Chronicle, but not to the point that I want to play it again, it's annoyances were too many for that. But the town building aspect appealed to me, I like most games where I get to build towns.

Never played the first one, but I did get a chuckle out of the fact that the hero is named "the toilet".
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Raww Le Klueze wrote: Actraiser series? Apart from being made by the same company I don't see what they have in common aside from the general theme?
I got the notion that Quintet's first several games were all part of a "series" even if it was spiritual as opposed to direct sequels, from this site:
http://hardcoregaming101.net/quintet/quintet.htm

I suppose there they actually call it the Soul Blazer series.
Noraibah
Banned User

Post by Noraibah »

Thanks guys for responding to this topic!
Noraibah
Banned User

Post by Noraibah »

Hmm......did you know that Yasumi Matsuno has joined Level-5? Maybe he's developing it.