SRPG/TRPG Recommendation

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
veriaqa

SRPG/TRPG Recommendation

Post by veriaqa »

Ok guys after played Suiko Tactics I want more games like tactics so I played FF Tactics, Ogre Battle and Tactics Ogre. I finished them all.

Is there any more title that I can play?

Thanks for the answer.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
Hirathien

Re: SRPG/TRPG Recommendation

Post by Hirathien »

You might like Vandal Hearts.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Thanks I'll look for it.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

There's Disgaea+sequels if you want to see core SRPG mechanics taken to their logical extreme.

Valkyria Chronicles if you want to see the SRPG mechanics mixed in with some real-time individual unit control.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Front Mission. I really like that one!

Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume. But it's not a really hard game and with little strategic value...

Arc the Lad. I like this series a lot, but the first 3 titles are hard to get. You might try the PS2-title, but I haven't played it yet.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I don't know if "Tactics Ogre" refers to the game or the series, but the whole series is great. TO and Suikoden are the only long-running RPG series with inter-connected plots as far as I'm aware.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed May 04, 2011 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Tactics Ogre was re-released on PSP recently too and is far superior to the old PSX version.
Themadcow

Post by Themadcow »

I'd have to go with Disgaea - especially the PSP version of the original (Afternoon of Darkness) which works spectacularly well on the handheld format.

Dunno if you can call Valkyria Chronicles a true SRPG because it's mildly action orientated, but it's still a modern classic.

I liked FFT: War of the Lions but the dialogue / cutscenes were occassionally very tedious (and no skip function on these).
RPG Seeker

Post by RPG Seeker »

Fire Emblem, Rondo of Swords, Luminous Arc, Arc the Lad:Twilight of the Spirits.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

After looking in the web I found this game Battle of Westnoth. Its a good pure turn based strategy game without any rpg element. I've been playing the game since then.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

veriaqa wrote:After looking in the web I found this game Battle of Westnoth. Its a good pure turn based strategy game without any rpg element. I've been playing the game since then.
It's a really nice game, but really nothing what you asked for :D
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Antimatzist wrote:It's a really nice game, but really nothing what you asked for :D
Yeah it lacked in rpg departement, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i liked Growlanser V (i also played Growlanser 2 but i think the story is much weaker) for its battle system. i feel it has some similarities to Suikoden's rune and skill system (although Growlanser is way more developed in terms of skills) but in a real-time strategy / action environment. i'm really sad Growlanser VI never came to the US because it was a direct follow-up to V's story. (V and VI are not related to the other games)