Tokyo Game Show (going on now)

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
thcrock
Global Admin

Re: Tokyo Game Show (going on now)

Post by thcrock »

Successor to Demon's Souls, 'Project Dark' was announced. Platform details are confusing-it might be PS3-only in Japan and PS360 elsewhere.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Oh, yay, there's a new Gyakuten Kenji! Awesome. Something good from this TGS at last.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Disgaea 4 has been revealed and dated, so I'm excited about that. Sure it's corny, but it's mindless SRPG fun (especially after Valkyria Chronicles 2 ruined whatever credibility the VC franchise had story-wise for me).
Formerly known as: Gothann
daoster

Post by daoster »

VC1 had a credible story? :-P

Anyways, from the short trailer i saw from VC3, it seems like the story has taken a darker tone than the first two games, and from what I've read, it'll fix a lot of the problems that VC2 might have had (the grinding, the small stages, etc.). Regardless, I'm a little disappointed its not on PS3, but I'm enjoying VC2, so VC3 will be a first day buy for me.
I tell the DJ what to play, I tell the MC what to say!
Like good music? Check out my podcast: http://www.musicaloccupation.com
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Outside of the flying pig, the story was standard non-moe anime. It was par for the course if you watched equivalent shows in the 90s or 80s. VC2 pushed it far past the caricature of a story the game's actual anime had.

I'm more disappointed in the fact that they're going back to the first game's war and introducing a new Valkyria for VC3. I just played through the first game again and just can't figure out how that sort of event could possibly go unnoticed by Squad 7 during their entire campaign. The teaser even has one of the Nameless shaking hands with Welkin, which brings up all sorts of "wha?" on my end.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

There's certainly starting to be way too many Valkyrias in the series. I thought they were all but extinct. Doesn't help that the one in two looks so -ing ridiculous.

And if someone can't see the difference between VC1 and VC2's stories then I would probably declare you legally blind. VC2's story is pathetic in comparison, and after a certain point they even stop trying to tell a coherent story.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
AthenaCat

Post by AthenaCat »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Oh, yay, there's a new Gyakuten Kenji! Awesome. Something good from this TGS at last.
Too bad it's not coming out outside of Japan, at least for now. :cry: