Broken Sword Series

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Eden

Broken Sword Series

Post by Eden »

I think the first game of the series Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars was the very first game I ever really played on the computer. I had a SNES, which I used a lot, but only got a computer when I turned 16. This game has awesome 2D graphics, good voice acting and a cool story. It ignited my love for adventure games.
I also played and loved the second game Broken Sword: Smoking Mirror.
I never tried the next two games, because I disliked their choice to make it 3D and more action orientated, but someday I will play Broken Mirror 2.5, which is a fan project professionally done. As the title suggests, it follows the second game.
Anyone else around who loves the games?
The Fool
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Broken Sword Series

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I never really liked Smoking Mirror. The plot didn't appeal to me as much as the one in the first game.

The Sleeping Dragon was okay, though the many crate puzzles got old fast, and it tied in with the first one well enough. Even if it pulled a Fahrenheit at the end.

I was going to play the Angel of Death that I couldn't play on my old computer but turns out it's not compatible with CPU's with more than one core.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KC_MCDOHL

Re: Broken Sword Series

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Broken Sword 1 is one of my fav games of all time. I enjoyed the second one but the story just didn't do it for me in the way the 1st one did. As Raww said, the 3rd one was nice with the way it tied in with the 1st game even though the ending was a bit like '.....um....yea, watever?'. I enjoyed the change to 3D graphics but still prefer 2D. But I think the 3rd one was too much a change in style for my liking. Still to get round to playing the 4th one, I've heard its good. Its 3D again but atleast they went back to point and click.

P.S. How phenomenal is the soundtrack to the 1st game?