Heavy Rain *spoilers*

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: Heavy Rain

Post by Oppenheimer »

*end game spoilers*
So yeah, I finished it. I totally think they cheated with who was the killer. Like I didn't know that there was going to be an unreliable narrator. I'm thinking of the clock shop specifically.

Also, what's with the psychiatrist's information then? Why did Ethan have an origami figurine, and what's with the black outs?

Also, how did Madison even know the cop guy? After you leave the fiery apartment she can call him. I don't think she ever ran into him though. Plus, how did she know who the killer was just by the killer's first name?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Heavy Rain *spoilers*

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Like I said, there are way too many plot holes for a game that supposedly all about the plot.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Yeah, in the end I'm a little pissed off at how the game goes out of its way to mislead you. It's not really fair. They need to take a hint or two from Agatha Christie on how to write a good who done it.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

It was kinda "off" Especially her saying "he's the only one I can trust" but she never met him. I chose to call him anyway because (Lets face it...really.) but I thought it was silly to have him as an option.

SPOILERS!!!!

Does anyone of you remember being in a interrogation room and having to disconnect a security camera or something?

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Does anyone of you remember being in a interrogation room and having to disconnect a security camera or something?
Get Ethan arrested after the Lizard or on the roof of the Motel and Jayden will break him out.

Which is another part that doesn't make sense... and has no repercussions.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Raww Le Klueze wrote: Get Ethan arrested after the Lizard or on the roof of the Motel and Jayden will break him out.

Which is another part that doesn't make sense... and has no repercussions.
Oooh. Ok, see I was thinking that Madison would do it and maybe that's when she met Norman Jayden. That whole "He's the only one I can trust" line she made would have made sense.

But nope! More holes.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Well I'm pretty much done with this game now... finally got that last trophy and as far as the game is concerned I doubt I'll play it again cause after the first time it gets rather tedious to watch the same things happen again, with small variations.

Don't think I'll keep it around for any future DLC either... as creepy as the Taxidermist was, it didn't actually add anything to the game as a whole. Nothing you do in it affects the main game so I can't really see myself paying to play any others.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

I seen the trailers and stuff and got my brother to buy it (I dont have a PS3 and he does, plus it really looked like his sort of game). I watched him play a bit of it and he explained the whole story to me. It really does look amazing but, after hime only exaplining the story to me, and me not actualy playing it myself, I dont want to play it anymore. I think it would get boring to play more than once. I like short games, but when theres no replay value - its kind of a waste of money imo
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Your brother ruined the game for you then. The whole point is to experience the plot, once you know how it's full of plot holes and just plain old ridiculous, you won't want to play it.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

lol yea I tried to tell him that. But, if what you are saying is true, he actualy SAVED me from it :P
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

No way. That game is amazing.

-Lorelai Gilmore