Heavy Rain *spoilers*

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Heavy Rain

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I heard there was a problem with the US version of the Taxidermist, but I'm in Europe so I get mine from the EU PSN which worked fine. No idea of the underlying cause.

It's really nice, it's like being in the Silence of the Lambs.

Unfortunatly I managed to overwrite my save where I had gotten 7 of the endings for the main game so now I have to go through it all again so I kinda lost interest right now... especially with new material for Valkyria Chronicles out. But I'll get back to it eventually, I just really wish you could skip cutscenes and dialouge right about now since I'm gonna have to do exactly what I did the last time to get them again.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I made a login for my girlfriend on my PS3, and accidentally played using that one. I have a feeling I can't transfer that save/trophies over to my real account. So the 34% of trophies I got on my first playthrough are for naught, and I have to start all over again. I'm not going to enjoy playing through that prologue/first scene after prologue again.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:.. especially with new material for Valkyria Chronicles out.
Is it any good though? I heard it was just a few more skirmishes without any English voice acting on old maps.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Got it last night.

I love it. The beginning reminded me of a more interactive sims. ..which I enjoyed.
5minutes in and WHAMO manass. Hilarious.

I was so pissed off at the beginning and the mall scene.
I was like "WHAT THE HECK IS YOUR PROBLEM!!?!?!"

Anyway...I understand what you guys mean about the Madison thing. She just came out of nowhere. I have yet to discover her purpose.

I hope her character doesn't do what I think it will do. Because I will kill her!

It's hard when you have to slowly move something. Like for example: there was a time when I had to slowly move it up and then slowly move it down. But i couldn't release the analog stick after moving it up so every time I tried to move it down from the up position I'd fail.

Ethan makes me want to cry like a manwoman.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Oppenheimer wrote:
Raww Le Klueze wrote:.. especially with new material for Valkyria Chronicles out.
Is it any good though? I heard it was just a few more skirmishes without any English voice acting on old maps.
I enjoyed them. Then again I think Valkyria Chronicles is the best game out on the PS3 still.

I heard that. Wouldn't know though since I don't ever use the english voices. Even if I have to suffer seeing how atrocious the translation is. SEGA just goes from one brilliant move to the next this gen.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Sega is as amazing with games as they were atrocious with consoles.
RangerDeon wrote: I love it. The beginning reminded me of a more interactive sims. ..which I enjoyed.
5minutes in and WHAMO manass. Hilarious.
I also liked the beginning and didn't find it "slow" like all the reviews keep saying. But then I also like The Sims so there you go.

I was presently surprised by the "manass" as well. It's a nice change considering what I'm normally subjected to in the media (I'm looking at you Dante's Inferno demo!)
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I was presently surprised by the "manass" as well. It's a nice change considering what I'm normally subjected to in the media
Well, it's an equal rights game so we get the boob shot as well. Twice actually. The first time is mandatory, I tried avoiding it but no she's determined to have that shower in the middle of the night.

Weirdest cure for insomnia I ever heard, showers usually wake me up not put me to sleep.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Ah, I expected as much.

My only complaint about the opening shower scene is where did the back up underwear come from. He's all alone at home I don't see why he isn't strutting his stuff all the way back to the bedroom. That and his urine is invisible, but now I'm just being picky about realism. It's a pleasure to have to resort to that level of minutia when criticizing a game.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

haha of course you were thinking that.

I wondered where his underwear came from too.

But with homegurl's shower scene you got to put her clothes back on.

QUESTION (to you Oppie)
SPOILER [possibly..I don't know.]

in the club scene, did you notice that they included a lot of males dancing together as well. Nothing graphic like the guys groping the girls, or vise versa...

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Not sure if I've gotten to that scene yet. There was a party at the house and I looked around for guys with other guys but didn't see any.

I managed to not get that first shower scene and therefore avoided breasts. I just wandered around her apt, took pills, drink, magazine, slept etc, and then it finally went into the sequence so she never showered.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Strange, I did everything I could think of that she mentioned but she just kept nagging about the shower.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Oppenheimer wrote:Not sure if I've gotten to that scene yet. There was a party at the house and I looked around for guys with other guys but didn't see any.

Yeah, there aren't any in the party.

You'll get there some time soon. I didn't know i was further than you.
Sorry if I spoiled it!

-Lorelai Gilmore
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I doubt it's spoiled. I'm curious to see if I can play it tonight, with the PS3 errors going around. I haven't turned mine on today so I don't know if it's effected or not.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Mine was. Current theory is that the PS3's will correct themselves when the date changes again in GMT, though some say the system clock is stuck and will never change now. I do know several people at Sony are sweating buckets right about now on the prospect of having to recall all those systems.

I figured I'd just take the oppertunity to party like it's 1999.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Mine got stuck on and off, when I was downloading the GOWIII demo. At first I thought the PSN was just getting hammered with everyone trying to download the demo, but apparently that wasn't the case. Luckily, I'm busy enough that its not affecting me too much.