Final Fantasy XIII

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Hirathien

Re: Final Fantasy XIII

Post by Hirathien »

They cannot transform mid-air though. And there's a commando skill that does a lot of damage if something is coming back from stagger while launched.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

It's still not enough to kill the Behemoth, especially when first starting out in Chapter 11. Once Stagger ends, enemies drop like a rock with a full ATB action ready, regardless of Aero spam.

Happened quite a few times while fighting other large enemies in Chapters 8 through 10 and I just manually entered Thundara for kills during one stagger rather than having to build up for a second.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Swordsman

Post by Swordsman »

i find this is the most disappointing final fantasy game i ever played..

- No towns.
- No shops.
- No conversable NPCs.
- No side-quests.
- No mini-games.
- No airship.
- No world map.

The game is EXTREMELY linear, you only get to go thru dungeons, cutscene,fight a boss, custscence, run, custscene x 20. There are no more stores....you only have a "store" option in the save point and thats it.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

There's Cieth stone side-quests. At least in chapter 11.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

I actually hated the Cie'th Stone system in this game. The Mark Board in FFXII was far easier to use and the yellow crystals made for a better teleportation system (i.e. you don't have to fight an insanely strong enemy just to gain the privilege of not walking for half an hour).
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I'm with you, LH.

I am not really enjoying this and I haven't picked it up in a while (mostly due to the amount of work I have, but partly because I'm all "argh!" about it. Yeah, this game turned me into a pirate.)

It's just too much. Besides those CP grid thingy takes forever just to get one. I am not a fan.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

What really brings my piss to a boil, is that they went from the stuff that made Final Fantasy XII good, and removed it for Final Fantasy XIII.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Glad I'm not the only one. All my friends love it.
I don't. I can't. It's pretty..but that's it.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I don't see what the problem is. Final Fantasy XIII is by far the best FF movie Square has made to date.

Oh... they were going for a game..?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

and when they actually did make a movie, it bombed really bad!
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:I don't see what the problem is. Final Fantasy XIII is by far the best FF movie Square has made to date.
I like this.

-Lorelai Gilmore
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:I don't see what the problem is. Final Fantasy XIII is by far the best FF movie Square has made to date.

Oh... they were going for a game..?
Funny, I said the same thing a while back.

People whined FFXII's story wasn't prominent enough and Square Enix's reaction wasn't to dial it up a notch. Of course not: that would make sense. Nope, they went and made two thirds of the game's main storyline spend more time on cutscenes than actual gaming.

Something feels awfully Metal Gear Solid 4 about how they handled the story in this game, too. Almost felt like they wanted to put an effort into an involving story, but something made the team lose hope (and motivation). I can understand that happening in FFXII because Matsuno left, but FFXIII? The only noteworthy event during the game's development was that it was announced for the 360.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

The only noteworthy event during the game's development was that it was announced for the 360.
Oh, so you like to play Final Fantasy XIII on the inferior console?
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

What?

I only mentioned big events that could have affected development of the game. By the by, I finished FFXIII on PS3.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Lets not have that whole "this one is better then this one" pissing contest. My friends do it all the time..it's both pointless and distracting.

-Lorelai Gilmore