Final Fantasy XIII

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Celine

Re: Final Fantasy XIII

Post by Celine »

kratoscar2008 wrote:FFXIII-2 is the worst selling FF to date
I think it's due to DLC. Even the main plot is incomplete and "to be continued" with a DLC. :(
Buy weapons and parts of storyline with real money? No, thanks.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Yeah, I didn't even bother playing XIII-2. I heard a XIII-3 is in the works as well. WTF
PSN: FreshMetal80
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

As I read 13-3 introduction, it sounds like a new Valkyrie profiles game to me, since there's gonna be lightning only as main character and see how she appears in 13-2 totally like an elite Valkyrie in Valhalla.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

I got more of a Dirge of Cerberus feeling to it, but I guess we'll see.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

I just started re-playing this game. I HATED it in the beginning. But it's kinda like Suikoden Tierkreis. As an RPG it's not so bad. But as part of a certain series? No. I think had it not been a numbered title I wouldn't have so many expectations (as Crisis Core etc were different). But it was and it really disappointed me.

BUT. Playing it again now, I'm enjoying plodding through it. It is relatively mindless so far, but I'm looking forward to getting past the point I got up to last time and continuing on! I might get sick of it again but we'll see :)
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

That's actually something Final Fantasy has always done: try vastly new things and see if they stick. We're just unfortunate enough that the team who made Final Fantasy XIII was weak willed enough to accept making two sequel in the same world instead of moving on to the next numbered game (and vast change in gameplay/setting).
Formerly known as: Gothann
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

It actually really bugs me that their MMORPGs take up a numbered slot. I think instead of XI and XIV they should be FF:Online 1 and 2 or whatever. Seeing as they're just as spin-off like as Crystal Chronicles of Dissidia.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Nikisaur wrote:It actually really bugs me that their MMORPGs take up a numbered slot. I think instead of XI and XIV they should be FF:Online 1 and 2 or whatever. Seeing as they're just as spin-off like as Crystal Chronicles of Dissidia.
This! So strange. Dragon Quest is doing the same with X. This is just wrong.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I'll third that opinion. Although the obsessive compulsiveness in me is glad XIV is online too so that XI isn't a total black sheep.
Luke

Post by Luke »

It actually really bugs me that their MMORPGs take up a numbered slot.
Yes, I don't like that too.

Anyway, I played FF13 and overall I didn't liked it, especially because you just go on fighting (and reading datalogs eventually) for almost the whole game and nothing more, and doing this for 40-50 hours is just boring (at least the cast and the plot were good).
But I'm playing FF13-2 now and it's a different thing. Gameplay is variegated and addictive, there are a lot of different game situations (capturing monsters, increasing their stats, qte, chocobo racing, slot machine, quiz, easy puzzle game sessions, live trigger system, sidequests, town and human settlements to visit). I haven't finished it yet, but so far I'd suggest it to everyone who has already played FF13, it's just fun to play
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

Just think of Final Fantasy XIII as a prequel to FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns. And also as a Test-Type for the PS3's full potential. The way of thinking when it comes to Economics and Marketing is actually very similar to Communist China & Taiwan, by the way. Thank you for your attention.
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!