New Breath of Fire?

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Xelinis

Re: New Breath of Fire?

Post by Xelinis »

http://www.capcom.co.jp/DD/

Earlier in the year, Capcom filed a trademark for "Dragon's Dogma", which is clearly what this site is for considering the URL.

Could this be Breath of Fire VI? Quite possibly. But as I try to say with every rumor I post, be wary as it could be a bust. (Or at least a potentially great game that just has nothing to do with Breath of Fire.)
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Hm sounds intresting, we need to wait one week and then know more. I'd really love a new BoF-game, still I don't hope too much for this one... maybe they decided for a name change!?

Or they go "Breath of Fire: Dragon's Dogma" for the DS or something.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

That would be the tits Breath of Fire 3 is one of my alltime favorite games. Ive played the other except dragon quatre, it doesnt really sound to fun from what ive read. I hope the new ones more like the old ones at least in terms of artstyle. i love the bright scenery and the 2d sprites for those games, DQ looks really dark and dull. it would be cool if if they intergrated the quick time combos into the fighting system a bit more. Anyways figures crossed.
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

http://scrawlfx.com/2011/04/rumor-first ... gons-dogma

Doesn't sound too BoF-related :/

still:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/0 ... tor_tweet/

So.. I guess waiting might be the best option.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

The latest speculation is that this is not a Breath of Fire game but it will have the same pedigree. Heck, it may be a modified implementation of the BoF design document that was floating around earlier.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

In other words, it might be a spiritual sucessor?
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Perhaps. But so far, we can confirm this: it will have realistic graphics.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Which is fine. There are a lot of grassy lands in the first two Breath of Fire games that have the same feel to the preview image people have managed to swipe from the source of the DD page. If the game is even remotely related to BoF it'll be a change (and possibly an innovation to most younger gamers) to actually BE the dragon instead of having to hunt them down all the time. *Glares at Dragon Age*
Formerly known as: Gothann
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

It's not even a spiritual successor. I don't have an English website, but this trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf9SjtrXXT0
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Yeah, it's all kinds of depressing. Not so much because it's not related to Breath of Fire, but because it'll be directly competing with Dark Souls, Skyrim, and even the Shadows of the Colossus HD port. It'll have to outshine all three to even be considered a worthwhile investment over or following those games.
Formerly known as: Gothann
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Breath of Fire 4 is being released on PSN 16th August in the USA! The UK PSN is dead in the RPG department however and no BOF 3? Strange strategy...maybe its a way for Capcom to see how big the fanbase still is? I would much rather have 4 on PSP any day mind.

P.S I decided to give DQ a chance when i saw it for £5.00 on Ebay and...not so good Al. There are a few improvements such as the fighting, being able to control ex turns and being able to see the enemies before they attack. The Sol system on the other hand is a cheap, rip off way to make the game last longer. BOF 4 is the pinnacle of gameplay in the series in my opinion, if only they had the Dragon transformations from BOF 3 it would have been been much better.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

The UK PSN is dead in the RPG department however and no BOF 3?
I guess this has to do with the PSP-release of 3 or something...

@Dragon Quarter: Well, this has become maybe my favourite of the series, so I dont agree with you. :P
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

gilgamesh31 wrote:Breath of Fire 4 is being released on PSN 16th August in the USA!
Hopefully it will be released here too. Being stuck in the Island Nations, I never got to play it. Region specific releases on PSN bug me so much. Doesn't it defeat the point of something being like...global?
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

i'm starting the third dungeon on breath of fire, hope I didn't get stuck like the other poster lol

so far, this game is all about awareness. seeing enemies from afar in the dark and making sure there aren't too many of them whenever you start a battle
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Nikisaur wrote:Hopefully it will be released here too. Being stuck in the Island Nations, I never got to play it. Region specific releases on PSN bug me so much. Doesn't it defeat the point of something being like...global?
I wouldn't hold your breath, i don't know what the PSN is like over there on the other side of the world but the European one has no RPG's apart from a few Final Fantasy's, Vagrant story and Grandia. That means no Alundra, no Arc the Lad's, no Blood Omen, no Legend of Mana, no Saga Frontier's, no Legend of Dragoon, no Vanguard Bandits, no Wild Arms, not very much of anything unlike PSN USA who has all these and more. We definitely got gypped!
gildedtalon wrote:i'm starting the third dungeon on breath of fire, hope I didn't get stuck like the other poster lol

so far, this game is all about awareness. seeing enemies from afar in the dark and making sure there aren't too many of them whenever you start a battle
The third dungeon was when i was thinking: you know what even though this is completely unrelated to the previous games and hardly in the same genre its not as bad as i thought. By the third time i did the third dungeon i was begging for the game to finish so i never had to look at it again. Im having a few days break from it because the repetition is driving me insane. Also i recommend playing this game in the dark because its very hard to see enemies due to the dark setting of the entire game. I got up to the last save point but ran up the dragon ratio to much and had to use the SOL system, what a rip that only your party experience carries over as if it wasn't annoying enough with out that!