Rarohenga (Spoiler Alert)

Ask questions about the events and characters related to Suikoden Tierkreis here.
kamuikurou

Rarohenga (Spoiler Alert)

Post by kamuikurou »

Well, I have been wondering, is Rarohenga the real name for the 11th world?

From the story it seems that this is the world which Hotupa visit earlier in the game.
If I'm not mistaken, it's the world where technologies had advanced so much that its people don't fear the One King because they already had developed a method to fight him (while other worlds only depend on sacrificing 108 stars). So much that they won't share the method with our Hero =(.

Later in the game, the 11th world came in with its Chronicle and High-tech Creepy monsters. After the chancellor showed Hero the Chronicle - a High-tech World with a sphere-shaped device, presumably it's their method to defeat the One King. Unfortunately, the device exploded, caused millions of death in that world, so much that it altered the world, its remains (the altered monsters) and/or its chronicle to Rarohenga summoned into our Hero's world. Even the massive crater from the explosion is still there. (Notice that there are several of them.)

Despite the tragic failure of that world, I really like its development.
"Heh... screw you for your over-confidence."
Other reference to this world is Balsam's mentor, Rufa, and Zayin. Wonder how Rufa and Zayin stays unaltered too and how Rarohenga looked like before the annihilation. The present landscape seems so tragic, its landscape screams death in every way, much, much more than Janam, Other Cynas, or even any landscape I've seen in any fantasy games.
LanceHeart

Re: Rarohenga (Spoiler Alert)

Post by LanceHeart »

Rarohenga isn't the name of that world. It's the Traveler's (and Diadora's) word for "Hell". The monsters themselves are covered in another side quest (Zula's, I believe) where it's revealed that almost all of the monsters are actually the mechanical inhabitants of the world Hotupa visited. They all seem to have been altered in programming to be wild and attack anyone (or, in the case of the ones found at Cynas, influenced by Vaslof/The One King).
Formerly known as: Gothann
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Rufa's relationship with Raohenga's Chronicle of Resonant Horror is a strange one, if going by her 108 ending.

She barely has lines compared to Belemuel, but she didn't quite fit in with the few characters related to this apparently advanced world. Looks more like wild child than someone from such a supposedly highly developed place.
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

Well, the Chronicle was warped, it makes sense that Rufa would be odd. True, she's no malicious bloodthirsty monster like the Rarohenga monsters, but she's just downright weird.
-M
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

I'm wondering since when did Diadora have the right to name places?! lol.
And it's generally accepted by the whole continent. Wow, Diadora should be proud of that. :lol:
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt Rufa from the scribe village? The quest requires you to find the missing scribe and thats Kow-low and he said he was following some little girl which was Rufa. I thought Zayin was the last of his world. I too find it funny how Rarohenga got its name just because thats what Diadora called it, she must have some power.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

kamuikurou wrote:Well, I have been wondering, is Rarohenga the real name for the 11th world?
I don't remember any world having a real name since those that appeared in Tierkreis are mostly cities/villages having inhabitants who know about the place itself . Other worlds are referred to as Atrie's World or the Other Marica's World so I suppose nobody names their world as far as the stories go.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

Belcoot4 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt Rufa from the scribe village? The quest requires you to find the missing scribe and thats Kow-low and he said he was following some little girl which was Rufa. I thought Zayin was the last of his world. I too find it funny how Rarohenga got its name just because thats what Diadora called it, she must have some power.
It was only the Scribe that the job request asked to find. Kow-Low was the one who mentioned Rufa. Pls, Rufa has neither tattoos nor is she known among the village.

Also, her ending makes mention that she disappears along with the malevolence and monsters in Rarohenga, so I'm guessing she's connected to the Chronicle like Ordovic or Zenoa.
-M