True Cronicle

Ask questions about the events and characters related to Suikoden Tierkreis here.
*Liu*

True Cronicle

Post by *Liu* »

i beat the game with the 108 stars recently, but something caught my attention. I was doing the quest of that gossip woman (her name escapes me) and she says that the leader of the order dont aged for many years. If he dont have a true rune, hows that possible?? Is this because of the True Cronicle? There was a explanation about this in the game??
Sorry for my bad english people....
*Liu*

Re: True Cronicle

Post by *Liu* »

So.. there is no one here who can answer this??
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Is it really true that he doesn't age? Anya's gossips aren't really the most reliable source of information. Valfred is given an official age of 69 years, btw.

Maybe he get to rewrite his own age through the True Chronicle? Wouldn't be surprised if the True Chronicle grants agelessness not unlike the True Runes, considering both carry with them the world's memories.

No confirmation either way, as far as what I have seen of the in-game texts.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Mid-game, checked Sotah's information about the "Chancellor's Age":
There's rumor that Valfred hasn't aged at all decades. Even senior order members can attest to that
Is writing at the Chronicle possible? I mean, he can write that a meteor stroke the fortress and the company was killed off if it was possible.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Realise that that information is sourced from Anya's investigations. You complete one of her quests, and Sotah's knowledge base gets updated accordingly.

So, it's the same thing really.
*Liu*

Post by *Liu* »

So it can be a false rumor... but then i think that some other people create the order. Because the order existed for more than 50 years. If Valfred is 69 at the time of the game, 50 years ago hes too young to create a organization like that....

Thank you for the information LoL
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

Valfred mentions that the first fusion, when his family was destroyed, was a century ago. Also, apparently either Diadora or Zenoa knew about it and told Anya about it. It's apparently true. I'm not how it happens, but it does indeed do so.
-M
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

It wouldn't be in the game if it wasn't true,Sotah is the info guy so whatever he says is fact...is fact
Futch

Post by Futch »

Valfred is given an official age of 69 years, btw.

SPOILER ALERT

If you're going by the official website, it also gives the hero and Liu official ages of 16, when it is stated pretty explicitly that the hero is 15. At the end of the game Rajim says that he was found in the valley 15 years ago, and we know that he fell through the gateway when he was a newborn. Also, Liu cannot be older than 15, as he ran away three years ago, before he was tatooed, which happens when at age twelve. Presumably he ran away at 11, though it could have been before, but I think he was 11 almost 12, making him 14 or 15 now. Also, according to the official website Chrodechild is a man. So that may not be the most sound source, though if you are getting your info elsewhere, I do not mean to discredit it.
Everyone loves Dragons. Cause If they don't.... >;(
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I assume the reference was made to the official Japanese publications.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

I'd guess that Valfred is gifted with agelessness due to him being in possession of the True Chronicle.

It really wouldn't be too big a stretch of the imagination that possession of a world's godlike item grants you gifts/curses, no? (I hate to say it, but this might tie into the True Runes again)
Formerly known as: Gothann