A Possible Sequel (Major Spoilers)?

Ask questions about the events and characters related to Suikoden Tierkreis here.
Falenan_descent

A Possible Sequel (Major Spoilers)?

Post by Falenan_descent »

So, I just beat the game with all 108 stars and as I'm reading the descriptions of what the Stars have gone on to do later in life I noticed a chain of events that a few people were involved in.

1) Zenoa disappeared then once again re-appeared within the Empire of the North Star. Zenoa is one of the Tablet of Promise keepers that only appears in times of trouble.

2) Yumi went back to the Empire of the North Star where a civil war broke out. (Sounds like a background for a new game to me)

There were a few others but those were the important ones. If a civil war breaks out and Zenoa appears with the Tablet of Promise there is definitely, definitely something going on there. Thoughts?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: A Possible Sequel (Major Spoilers)?

Post by patapi »

Noted the ending texts, but with the Chronicles resolved, one can't help but wonder how the system will accommodate a new game in the same world setting. As much as I do like the premise behind the North Star Empire, I still think going there wouldn't do justice to what were left behind in the original Suikoden world.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

If Tierkreis gets a direct sequel rather than a spiritual one that would invalidate the game to begin with as the whole reason for Tierkreis was supposedly that the established series was too daunting for new people to get into. Starting up a new series within Tierkreis' setting would create the exact same problem if it really was one they were concerned with rather than an excuse.

Of course I believe Komuta is just a whiner that didn't want to work with the established continuity so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he "forgets" what he said and creates a continous Tierkreis setting.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
qwsed

Post by qwsed »

I wouldnt mind a sequel ^^. This game was good with miner annoyances. The ending was a little... short tho.

But some things builds to a sequel. I dont think it will evolve world chronicles, but mark of the stars maybe (that doesnt come or give you power through chronicles)? What were those ancient ruins? I think they were Sindar ruins gone wrong :P

There are also many countries we havnt heard of and didnt visit in the game.

The game would really get better with lets say the simple thing as the army battles of Suikoden 2 and one on one fights.

I really wonder what does ruins are... Sindar ruins? Was The One King a cursed Sindar? A world sealed by the Sindar... I cant help but speculate ^^ I love this serie and i don buy that this ISNT connected to the other world. I think its just sealed (Thereby being another world)
Kinnison:
"Life is a long song, but the tune ends too soon for us all."
Falenan_descent

I personally believe they'll be using Tierkreis as a series to tie us over between the main games. So they'll be doing both simultaneously and expand on both storylines.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Well, if this is like the first Suikoden all over again, anything is possible. This is reminiscent of how Suikoden II came into being, but I'm sure it'd further enrage nearly everyone of the series' long time fans who are expecting the mainstream world to be resolved first.

As long as they do not discard an old world based setting for Suikoden VI (and so on...), I don't see why Tierkreis do not deserve its own follow-up. Somewhat ambitious, but as someone always says, we won't know unless we try.
kippei

Post by kippei »

i also like the idea of having the main series on say the consoles, and having this one via a portable one like the DS... that way I can play suiko wherever, whenever >_>
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

kippei wrote:i also like the idea of having the main series on say the consoles, and having this one via a portable one like the DS... that way I can play suiko wherever, whenever >_>
Yeah, that'd be perfect, much like Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (or... something else :D)

I wouldn't mind a direct Tierkreis-follow up and an own Tierkreis-franchise. Well, we have to wait until Konami announces anything, but I guess Tierkreis' world is rich enough on its own. I just hope to see more kingdoms with more than one city.
Falenan_descent

I just hope to see more kingdoms with more than one city.
Well, there were a lot of Kingdoms. Just not like we're used to with giant castles and knights on the prowl everywhere. Lol.
The Magedom, Cynas, and the main HQ were obvious ones. But Cragbark and Neinaris (spelling?) were kingdoms to their indigenous races. Diulf is a king. And Neira is a High Priestess which in their politics is as high as you can go. Except for Ninulneda of course. Lol.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Falenan_descent wrote:
I just hope to see more kingdoms with more than one city.
Well, there were a lot of Kingdoms. Just not like we're used to with giant castles and knights on the prowl everywhere. Lol.
The Magedom, Cynas, and the main HQ were obvious ones. But Cragbark and Neinaris (spelling?) were kingdoms to their indigenous races. Diulf is a king. And Neira is a High Priestess which in their politics is as high as you can go. Except for Ninulneda of course. Lol.
Maybe you misunderstodd me, I don't want more kingdoms, but kingdoms with more than one city. The only Kingdom with 2 cities is the Magedom, and maybe Cynas, but that's not even a nation.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The Magedom's two cities shouldn't count either, since Salsabil is actually a separate kingdom annexed into them. Almost as bad as Highland and Kyaro.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

that is actually one of my fav things about the Suikoden games. They all take place in different countries, so instead of getting a countries that are essentially only one city (Chrono Trigger anyone?) you get huge countries. With the exception of the Warriors village, where Zorak mentions other villages paying homage to Neclord, but there are no other villages....
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

patapi wrote:The Magedom's two cities shouldn't count either, since Salsabil is actually a separate kingdom annexed into them. Almost as bad as Highland and Kyaro.
You're right.

That's really one of my major problems with this game.. but I guess they had to do this because of the combination of many different worlds. Still, thats dissatisfying.
truewarhead

Post by truewarhead »

Well about the kingdoms with just one city, altough i have to agree that would be nice to see more diversity per kingdom, it makes sense in the game since all the kingdoms are from different worlds (except cynas, citro and the mining town)... so if some worlds ended up with bringing not even a mere city (the desert world), maybe its lucky that the other ones could get one or two surviving cities through their world's destruction.

What annoyed me the most its the lack of depth of each world... come on a continent/kingdom from the "mainstream" world has more races/culture that all the worlds seen in tierkreis. I could let it pass if konami admited that all that happened had nothing to do with past games, but they said the main world is part of the infinity.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

This is probably a major spoiler, but Cynas too came from another world...

At this point, only Grayridge is all natural.
truewarhead wrote:What annoyed me the most its the lack of depth of each world... come on a continent/kingdom from the "mainstream" world has more races/culture that all the worlds seen in tierkreis. I could let it pass if konami admited that all that happened had nothing to do with past games, but they said the main world is part of the infinity.
That's exactly the issue of having single-location nations. Imagine the entire City-States of Jowston or the Queendom of Falena being represented by, say, Muse City, and surely we wouldn't get to experience as much culture as we did in those games.