Ask questions about the events and characters related to Suikoden Tierkreis here.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Well, i see some people are playing it, so i have a question about the location of the game.

When the first scrrens appeared, the zone where the game tooks place for some pepole remember the west of toran.(Badlands)

My question is...the game is set in this zone but in a parallel world, or in other contintent totally diferent.

I mean, is a parallel universe of the same worldmap or a totally diferent worldmap.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Re: Location

Post by dragonmasterx »

I just beat the game right now with all 108 stars, so I can confirm that there really is no connection(in terms of story at least) to the original Suikoden world.

Meaning the location is totally different. In fact, Tierkreis actually introduces quite a few new continents and their respective nation names(which I don't recall at the moment). The gunners are from the east. The characters that join you who hail from the north have a very Asian-flavor to them.

There's so much to expand on in the Tierkreis world that Konami could ignore the original series and start all over again if they wanted to, but the fans probably wouldn't be too happy with that.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Location

Post by patapi »

I would love to see those named nations being expanded upon, but based on how underwhelming was the treatment that they gave to Janam and Astrasia, I'd rather go back to the one-main-nation-one-game approach of the standard Suikoden title.