Enemy frequency based on season?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Enemy frequency based on season?

Post by KFCrispy »

In the beginning of the game you're told that during Flower season the toughest monsters come out. I did notice this.. along the Mislato River before accessing the north or south paths, those Raparo Birds tend to show up during Flower season, and during Bud season you'll most often encounter the weak little enemies (Blue/Silver skinny fish-like creatures).

However, it feels like I encounter "boss" type enemies most often in Sprout. I noticed this when I was hunting Snow Fenrir (Ch'olui Mtns), Fanged Silkmoth (Grayridge Mines lowest level, accessible after fully recruiting Balsam & Yod), and Flame Ifrit (Mt Svatgol, accessible through Grayridge Mines lowest level).
Has this been the case for you guys?
Belcoot4

Re: Enemy frequency based on season?

Post by Belcoot4 »

I also noticed that the monsters were a little tougher during the Sprout season, but I didn't think it was enough of a change during the season to really notice a difference. If you played Final Fantasy XII, there was a major difference when the seasons changed, there would be parts of some maps you couldn't even walk on. The main thing I noticed with the seasons changing is what Jale said about the butterflys getting bigger. Maybe theres more to it that I'm just not noticing, other than that the only role the seasons really play is when you're recruiting Selen and one of the Porpos-kin.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai