Here is my method to power level characters to 60 easily.
It's in 2 steps. Anyway, except for the hero, don't worry to spend MP with other characters because you'll replenish them almost after each fight.
As support, taking Sotah for the +10% EXP is nice on first step because you won't get the 10.000 xp limit with a full party.
For the second step, I took him but I'm not sure it was useful, maybe Rufa is a better option.First step : Rarohenga required.
The first step is to bring your characters to level 50 exactly (not 51, neither 49).
51 is not so a problem, but our goal is to win 10 levels in one fight. If level 51, try to have around 500+ XP then.
I usually have my basement on Pharamond, but you could prefer the HQ to change character spells and equip them decently (but Pharamond has good gear too).
Take Sieg/Hero with "Dying Wish" mark, then choose any 3 others characters (at least 1 Long range character can be useful).
- If you have some characters under the level 30, go in the "Wilds of Veile" and walk to the exit to Rarohenga. You should do enough fight to bring your weakest character to level 30+. Focus on 3 monsters mob anyway : 3x Pincer Bees are the best, or 2x Rocket Bird + 1 Pygmy, or 2x Boar are decents. Sub-bosses are not interesting.
- With all your characters level 30+, enter in Rarohenga then go to Rarohenga Ruins.
Don't stay in Plains, because you won't find good monsters : Only Pawns come by 3 and they are rare. Anyway, you can fight any Akephaloi or Hell Lamp you meet during the trip, they're easy and fast to kill. Rarohenga Eyes are pretty common, but don't be lured, they're too long to kill. Flee when you encounter Ancient Whale, it doesn't worth it.
- In ruins, wander at entry and wait for fights.
You'll find 4 different encounters :
- 1x Scorch Queen : Just run. A lonely monster is not interesting.
- 2x Bicorn + 1x Scorch Minion : Good encounter until you get level 40, then Bicorns ruin your XP.
- 3x Scorch Minion : Excellent encounter, but hard. They're fast and cast powerful spells. Anyway, they're weak against physical damage and they have low HP enough to die with 2 mass spells like Dying Wish + "Spear Torrent or Fuse Dome". If you don' have magic, neither long range attacker, don't bother with "Dying Wish" and just use Master piece on one Minion when the 3 other characters kill the 2nd one in front row. Next turn finish the last one.
- 2x Inpu Zombie + 1x Scorch Minion : Best encounter. Zombies have huge HP but else, they're pretty weak. Focus on Minion in back row, then the fight is easy. Watch out since they can get you to level 51 easily...
This step is "long" for all characters. Count around 5 to 7 minutes by characters, so around 15 - 20 min for each team.Tip :
You'll probably get some ressources. Don't forget to sell them regularly because they have a limit stack of 5. Moreover, since Rarohenga is out, Trading Post event about Rarohenga monsters can make the pelts/bones ressources expensive.Second step : Other Cynas required.
The second step is the trick to get level 60 from level 50 in one fight.
Go in other Cynas with Sieg and only one other character
Keep "Dying Wish" on Sieg and have at least 100 MP. Moreover, keep his HP low, Sieg must die in the fight!
Keep in mind to remove any +Magic item on Sieg.
Flee against all monsters except the 3x Darkness Pawns
(the yellow floating and spinning monsters).
For them, cast Dying Wish
. The pawns should survive if Sieg doesn't have +Magic gear. Then let Sieg/Hero die, when the other character is defending (Sieg can heal his ally each turn with medicine to not be in defense state and to die faster).
When Sieg is dead, finish the pawns with your ally. He'll get 10.000 XP if he's lvl 50 or less so he can be level 60 in one fight.Note :
Keeping Sieg HP low can be boring and long, but actually, only the first time. Then, he'll have 1 HP left for other characters leveling. Think to put him to 101 HP and heal his MP with mint
or mixed herb
(you'll win enough money in each fight for that). But don't rest at inn or you'll have to kill Sieg from start each time.Note 2 :
Obviously, be sure your ally is decently geared, at least the weapon.