Levels of Success on Quests

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
Dragall

Levels of Success on Quests

Post by Dragall »

I just finished the Lugenik Goods quest with characters having 130-150 luck and noticed the description on the response was different from the other two Goods quests that I did. The quest was still considered a "success" and I received a reward of 3000 potch and a netherlion horn. I thought it was weird and buffed up everyone's luck to redo the quest. This time the response was more like the other two and I received a reward of potch, ruby and diamond. This was the first quest I noticed with different rewards depending on how well you performed. I was wondering if anyone noticed other quests that has more than one success response. I already finished the other Goods quests, so I can't test them out. Does anyone know of other quests like this with different rewards?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Levels of Success on Quests

Post by KFCrispy »

interesting! i remember getting some nice equipment from presumably mandatory story quests, like a Water Dragon Claw, Trident, and maybe Argent Fists not long after the first or second 'strategy battle' to defend HQ or Citro Village (did everyone else get them?).... both were extremely powerful for my point in the game; you can't buy Argent Fists until you've recruited Gadburg and possibly traded A LOT of Silver Ore or something (I unlocked it after the lake appeared while trading around before continuing the story to visit the changed Ch'olui Mtns).
Dragall

Post by Dragall »

I just wanted to clarify that I actually had to reset the game to redo the quest. It was still considered completed the first time I did it and didn't show up anymore on the list of requests. I suspect that only the party quests where you send out people would have more than just one outcome of success.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Yeah, nearly all of the leader quests have predetermined success or failure outcomes, with rare exceptions such as Gorno's Showdown which apparently has a completely random chance of either outcomes.

Apparently the results from party quests have at most four outcome classification; huge success, marginal success, marginal failure, and total failure.

These are especially used with stats-based quests, where sending the "right stats" characters net you positive scoring, whereas outliers get you negatives, but if your total don't go below the required minimum for outright failure, you may end up with a marginal success instead. And thus the results match. Still, this needs to be further tested with all the quests, in particular Yadima and Autar's repeatables.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

does the japanese wiki site or the e-guide have info on all the dispatch quest requirements?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i actually got Argent Fists and Water Dragon Claws from the initial "return Cougar home" quest. i assume everyone does...