Stuck in the Coastal Cave

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
Crowetron

Stuck in the Coastal Cave

Post by Crowetron »

Okay, I'm on my first visit to the Porpos-kin, and we headed over to the cave to find the pearls (I'm fairly sure they were pearls). From there, I'm completely lost. I've wandered around in every obvious direction after finding the first one, and went up all five steam vents. I found plenty of treasure, but no pearls, no boss fight, no plot events.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I just missed something painfully obvious, but I've wandered around the caves for hours and have no clue where the game wants me to go.

Any hints or directions will be greatly appreciated. A map would be fantastic, but any help is nice.
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Runemaster

Re: Stuck in the Coastal Cave

Post by Runemaster »

Take the center steam and if it takes you to a dead-end floor, that's the highest level there. Go back to the steam and it should lead you to a lower level but not back to the floor of the steams. I'm just not sure if that early in the game you can have access to the highest floor but my first journey didn't take me there if I remember righ.

Going back, travel that level.
EDIT: Walking forward, find and follow a path to your left and poof, you're there.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

you probably can't access the highest floor (which is very purple) so don't worry about it. when you take the center geyser, you should be in a blue-ish floor. walk forward one screen to the next section, and then there should be one left branch from the main... head west & north and continue.
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Thanks a bunch, guys. Now if only I could figure out how I missed it in the first place :oops: Oh well, at least I'm plenty leveled up now :)

Thanks again!
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?