Question about party management fairly early on in the game

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
Hooya

Question about party management fairly early on in the game

Post by Hooya »

I'm just after the whole book burning sequence with Dirk. My characters are around level 18 or so. There does not seem to be any convenient way to manage my party at this point in the game. One of my allies used to initiate the party management screen, where I could change who was in my current party, etc. but now she doesn't and I can't find anyone that does. The only place I can find that lets me manage my party is at the inn in the Magedom city - which is highly inconvenient when trying to do quests and things.

So what am I missing? I can't believe that they made it this difficult to do something mundane like adjust your current party.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Question about party management fairly early on in the game

Post by KFCrispy »

all inns let you manage the party, so even if Erin is not letting you, you can go somewhere else. she normally does, though - if she is not letting you change parties, you're probably supposed to be visiting the Meeting Hall or whatever to continue the story.
DanShot360

Post by DanShot360 »

Try talking to Erin twice in a row. Many times, the characters will comment on the current situation, and then on the 2nd try, do their function.
Hooya

Post by Hooya »

DanShot360 wrote:Try talking to Erin twice in a row. Many times, the characters will comment on the current situation, and then on the 2nd try, do their function.
That was the ticket!

She kept saying some BS about Dirk, and if I left the room she'd always say the same thing. I have to talk to her a second time without leaving the room. Kinda lame.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The same goes for many of the HQ functions. So make sure to talk to them no less than twice, and don't complain that there is a shortage of shops in the HQ until you do so.