Wi-Fi Quests

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
DawnRune

Wi-Fi Quests

Post by DawnRune »

How do you complete those? I just hired a Marica from the Corridor, and she had a quest to do, but I can't figure out how to actually complete the quest... anyone figured out how to do those yet?

Edit: Never mind, I found it. Or, I found that one, at least...
Blutiger Engel

Re: Wi-Fi Quests

Post by Blutiger Engel »

I don't know the answer to that, but I have a related question. Since I don't have wi-fi, am I missing out on anything that the function/quests have to offer?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

some trade items are unlocked through wi-fi quests, not sure what else.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Apart from high level characters that you can grab and win early game bosses very easily, you will miss completing the inventories for Balsam's bombs and adding Prismatic Peach as a buyable item at the trading posts. Nothing important.
Dadge

Post by Dadge »

I haven't really tried the wi-fi aspect of the game extensively, but can't you do the same quest more than once? That's how it looked to me, but I didn't try. I dunno, just seems kinda weird.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Fighting renegades are repeatable, but for everything else, sending your characters over WiFi for other character-specific quests is one-off. If you take them back without completing their quests, they are recorded as failures and can no longer be done.

As for accepting other people's quests, all of them are unlimited.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

patapi wrote:sending your characters over WiFi for other character-specific quests is one-off. If you take them back without completing their quests, they are recorded as failures and can no longer be done.
What? I sent Sisuca several times on her stupid "I want to meet that person..." quest. Of course I always wound up recalling her before the time was up.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Hmmm, once they came back after the time is up, I can't send them out anymore, and instead they gave me a failed quest entry in the record.

Looks like recalling is fine. Just like the perpetually available Plowin' the Field and Gather Animals quests?

On that note, I can't send Tuhululu on his WiFi quest for some reason. Any clue?
kippei

Post by kippei »

kinda blows though you cant do anything but wander your castle while doing these since once you exit the map, the quests are registered as done, but when you pick it up, theyre failed.. it's like konami wants us to do this and leave it there while we do something else in real life...
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

I don't understand these wi-fi quests. I've done a couple and once I leave the castle its an automatic failure. I am doing anything wrong? Am I suppose to send higher level characters or not leave the castle? Another thing, can we still unlock trading goods even if we fail?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i just tried sending Sisuca to her "I want to meet that person" quest. i also took a peek at the available characters that other ppl sent (most are japanese players...). Does this mean that somebody else has to hire my Sisuca within the time limit in order for my quest to complete? Are online quests completely dependent on other players hiring your character?
Answer to my own question: Yes, other players have to hire the character, then speak w/Moana and take the hired-character's quest and fulfill it.

btw, someone completed my Sisuca quest and as a reward, I got 5000 potch and a Knight's Cape. Did you guys get the same?
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Doing the wi-fi quests, do you have to stay in the castle or can you leave? Everytime I accepted one and left the castle it was an automatic failure. Also, if you hire other people and take them to the assigned area for the mission, how long do you have to stay there to complete it?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

are you talking about renegade hunting / training / monster hunting quests? You need to find the boss in the area. The boss is located in a fixed spot in a very obvious "room" in the Mysterious Ruins; once you get near the middle circle of the room, the boss fight will start.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Yes, that was what I meant. Thank you for the clarification. However, when you send your characters to the infinity for quests, do you have to stay in the castle or can you leave and etc?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i have not been having that auto-fail problem when i leave my HQ. i have no idea what the problem could be for everyone else -_-
try saving in HQ then restarting the DS. but like i said, i don't see how leaving HQ can fail your online quests because you have to actually check with Wahie about the quest progress, and you do need to check before they automatically end or else the game just says you failed. not a very good system....