[Guide] Recruitment Guide

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: [Guide] Recruitment Guide

Post by patapi »

That's true then. Just by talking and losing to her once normally, you wouldn't get the Dogha clue.

But it's not necessary.
exzeed

Post by exzeed »

Geschutz

I think i didnt get to do the arcane academy tour.
tried talking to the person in salsabil trade harbour.
no quest show up( i think it showed up once after the third empress quest thingy. i dont have any recollection of doing the quest.but it certainly is not in moana quest list anymore)

is it because the lake already appeared and my hq is upgraded?

did i just miss the chance to get geschutz?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

exzeed wrote:Geschutz

no quest show up( i think it showed up once after the third empress quest thingy. i dont have any recollection of doing the quest.but it certainly is not in moana quest list anymore)

Did you EVER accept the Tour? The Hero meets the 3 characters and tells them he can't show them the Book they're interested in seeing and the mission will be 'rejected'.

BTW patapi, I have not been to a Salsabil trade harbor (and haven't heard of it yet). I only have access to Citro, Grayridge, and El-Qaral and got the Arcane Academy Tour request. Perhaps it's based on season since they're visiting the land...? But then I would have expected many people to see the request early like I have.
Ritsuki

Post by Ritsuki »

Mourgent - After defending Pharamond, make sure you do not have Chrodechild, Fredegund or Yula in your party. Enter the second floor residence for an event mentioning Mourgent. Complete the leader quest, "Request from Gadburg". Losing the duel is OK
The event is not on the second floor residence, but on the first floor, in the Blades' room. (sorry for my english :/)
exzeed

Post by exzeed »

KFCrispy wrote:
exzeed wrote:Geschutz

Did you EVER accept the Tour? The Hero meets the 3 characters and tells them he can't show them the Book they're interested in seeing and the mission will be 'rejected'.

BTW patapi, I have not been to a Salsabil trade harbor (and haven't heard of it yet). I only have access to Citro, Grayridge, and Cynas and got the Arcane Academy Tour request. Perhaps it's based on season since they're visiting the land...? But then I would have expected many people to see the request early like I have.
i didnt accept the Quest Arcane Academy Tour.

I saw it.Didn't take it.went on to do main quest.

When i check Moana quest list after first HQ upgrade, there's no such thing as Arcane Academy tour anymore.

Check in every season(sprout,Bud.Blossom) no quest.Not even the 'Special proposal' quest.

So, Geschutz is missable?An i just missed it? :shock: ....Noooooooo
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

BTW patapi, I have not been to a Salsabil trade harbor (and haven't heard of it yet). I only have access to Citro, Grayridge, and El-Qaral and got the Arcane Academy Tour request. Perhaps it's based on season since they're visiting the land...? But then I would have expected many people to see the request early like I have.
Hmm, so hearing about Ritterschild beforehand is not important then. Maybe it's seasonal. But the timing for the first quest availability apparently begins after eaves dropping on Manaril's suffering in the Arcane Academy and reporting to Shams later.

Also, looks like the trio may be missable, as the deadline to complete their second quest is much earlier than everyone else (Cynas). Possibly as early as the troublesome three well-known missables. Which would result in you missing Khemia and Tsaubern, and possibly Yomi and Chihaya as well. So, please complete these quests asap.
Ritsuki wrote:
Mourgent - After defending Pharamond, make sure you do not have Chrodechild, Fredegund or Yula in your party. Enter the second floor residence for an event mentioning Mourgent. Complete the leader quest, "Request from Gadburg". Losing the duel is OK
The event is not on the second floor residence, but on the first floor, in the Blades' room. (sorry for my english :/)
In the EU copy, the Night's Veil room is called 2nd Floor Residence, with the 1st Floor behind where the Roar and the Janam people resides. Guess I'll just update it with a name that's more language neutral then~
exzeed

Post by exzeed »

:shock:

both my save files are after being chased out from Cynas.

*gasp*

Thats it.

Im goin to have to play from the start.
Porom
Banned User

Post by Porom »

Um.. I think I did something wrong. I asked Namna to join me a while back and she said no, and now I keep going to the Priestess' room every flowerbud season and she keeps telling me that since the Priestess is fine she'll be going and is sorry for intruding. I've got Nova in my infirmary, too, so it's beyond where Namna is listed on the recruitment list. What happened?
qwsed

Post by qwsed »

I pm:ed the thread starter and gave him my notes. Here is the comversation: PART 1
To recruit Khemia you only need Getschutz, not the other two guys.
I'll check this out. Also, I heard bringing Buchse brings out a different outcome with Khemia...
You can also get Wustum before Nimni/Nemne and Luvais (tho i just forgot about Luvais until recently)
Luvais isn't an auto-join, so the order doesn't matter. But before Nimni and Nemne? You can probably trigger the stew tasting earlier, but wouldn't getting him means you will have to go back to HQ to accept the Quest? Or, can you do this before even finishing the events with the Porpos-kin?
You can start this "event" almost right after Greyridge. Balsam, Yod whom are standing outside the elivator will speak to you and bla bla then tell you: "I have work to do, cant you see" or something like that. Wich you then can continue after the lake appeare.
I noticed that, but the guide is prepared in the order that you can actually get the recruits joining you.
I think you can get these before the lake appear. Dromon, Felecca, Xebec. Right before i assaulted For Ladz... i got this quest (Order invading/nearing Naineneis). I then went to the shore cave and saw three pirates attack some order troops and went inside the cave. I think i should have been able to beat them at that time but i didnt since i thought it was a quest i was supposed to do.
That's probably Numnu's quest. Might want to post this in the guide's thread, so that we can get the others to help verify the timing. Do you remember when you first triggered the event at Naineneis entrance with Numnu?

Problems/questions: I have a question about Nakil. You are supposed to get him at an event in HQ with Asad in your party (possibly during bud season). There must be some event you should have completed for this to happend because im on my way to the plains beyond Ch'olui Mountains and i cant seem to start the event (not in bud season anyway).
The only prerequisite that I know if maybe you ought to free yourself from story missions when attempting to get Nakil and Hafin.
PART 2
Luvais isn't an auto-join, so the order doesn't matter. But before Nimni and Nemne? You can probably trigger the stew tasting earlier, but wouldn't getting him means you will have to go back to HQ to accept the Quest? Or, can you do this before even finishing the events with the Porpos-kin?
Since the main story missions isnt time based (not atleast yet) you can go back and forth as much as you want in the world map and collect forgotten stuff and so on, Since i dont know when the desert will appear i do this almost all the time . So yea i believe that you can get them even before you complete the Porpos-kin quest.
I'll check this out. Also, I heard bringing Buchse brings out a different outcome with Khemia...

I only brought the girl from the group with me with Getschutz and she did not have any dialouge or anything.
That's probably Numnu's quest. Might want to post this in the guide's thread, so that we can get the others to help verify the timing. Do you remember when you first triggered the event at Naineneis entrance with Numnu?

I got this quest right after i got back after coming to Shore cavern and helping the porpos-kin. So ofcourse i went back and saw the event happening. (I dont know if there is two quest in getting them, i met them during "Order nearing/attacking the porpos-kin" (or whatever the event was called). Since the quest was completed when the pirates chased them away, i assumed i could get them at the same time. I will try this out now.

PS: I dont know all the names (as i am USELESS in remembering names) and please excuse my poor english , either way i hope you understand what im writing.
Kinnison:
"Life is a long song, but the tune ends too soon for us all."
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

both my save files are after being chased out from Cynas.

*gasp*

Thats it.

Im goin to have to play from the start.
No, no, no. That's not the Cynas event I meant. You don't even have a HQ, do you?

Don't worry about it. It'll be a long while before you are granted access to Cynas again... Take your time.
Porom wrote:Um.. I think I did something wrong. I asked Namna to join me a while back and she said no, and now I keep going to the Priestess' room every flowerbud season and she keeps telling me that since the Priestess is fine she'll be going and is sorry for intruding. I've got Nova in my infirmary, too, so it's beyond where Namna is listed on the recruitment list. What happened?
Apparently the options will come up easier after claiming Fort Arc, so you might just want to wait until then. That's how I got him on my first playthrough.
Since the main story missions isnt time based (not atleast yet) you can go back and forth as much as you want in the world map and collect forgotten stuff and so on, Since i dont know when the desert will appear i do this almost all the time . So yea i believe that you can get them even before you complete the Porpos-kin quest.
Hmmm, that's really something. There are far too many different info about recruiting Luvais, that he might just warrant a separate playthrough. Now if only everyone would share how they got their copy of Luvais here~
I got this quest right after i got back after coming to Shore cavern and helping the porpos-kin. So ofcourse i went back and saw the event happening. (I dont know if there is two quest in getting them, i met them during "Order nearing/attacking the porpos-kin" (or whatever the event was called). Since the quest was completed when the pirates chased them away, i assumed i could get them at the same time. I will try this out now.
Will have to check this next time. I got Numnu after Marsinah Plains, but I wouldn't be surprised if even the pirates can be obtained earlier. One thing for sure, Hina comes much later.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

after getting the mission to become allies with the porpoiskin, i teleported to Grayridge. then i read that Gadburg was supposed to auto-join... i headed back to HQ and the event happened.. so it seems that you have to be on the world map over your HQ for him to join.
elife

Post by elife »

Lubberkin - After the plot made you go and ask Zenoa the three questions, complete the party quest, "The Other Marica's World". Upon reporting to Moana, an event will be triggered. Take Logan with you, and talk to Lubberkin in Grayridge alley.
I reach to the point after defending Pharamond but I could not find the leader quest needed to recruit Lubberkin. I have recruited Hina and Megion. Do I have to do some thing first?
ObsidianTK

Post by ObsidianTK »

Regarding Khemia, I was able to recruite him with only Minen, not Busche or Geshutz; the two of them had a long conversation about gun technology. I don't know how that compares to the other two, or what happens if you bring all three of them.
Cloud_GR

Post by Cloud_GR »

I've got a problem regarding Hao-Shi.
I didn't talk to him after gaining the scribes' support.
Now i'm within the desert, and i can't use Liu. Could i recruit Hao-Shi, if i talk to him later in the game?
Areinu

Post by Areinu »

Porom wrote:Um.. I think I did something wrong. I asked Namna to join me a while back and she said no, and now I keep going to the Priestess' room every flowerbud season and she keeps telling me that since the Priestess is fine she'll be going and is sorry for intruding. I've got Nova in my infirmary, too, so it's beyond where Namna is listed on the recruitment list. What happened?
Well, as for me it went like that:
1) Just before Cynas, didn't have talk with Liu yet. Namna rejects (it was my first talk ever at HQ)
2) Namna keeps saying what you quoted.
3) I have final talk with Liu before Cynas(I think he said something about everyone being ready...).
4) I talk to Namna again. This time I don't have an option but priestess forces him to join.
I've got a problem regarding Hao-Shi.
I didn't talk to him after gaining the scribes' support.
Now i'm within the desert, and i can't use Liu. Could i recruit Hao-Shi, if i talk to him later in the game?
I talked with him while having Liu at party just before point of no return and I was still able to get him. It was many, many, many hours after the desert.