Recruits

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Recruits

Post by patapi »

As long as you don't have any other entering-HQ events, it shouldn't be a problem. If you still can't trigger it, try doing it either during a different season or when there's no active story mission.

Like Zenoa, this guy is as good as an automatic recruit.
Biske

Post by Biske »

Hi!

OK, so I've already triggered the Rarohenga event and still missing around 20+ characters (Yikes!). Thankfully, none of them are the missable ones, so I still got a chance to complete all 108. After scouring for clues in this forum and in others, I got most everything I need cept for a few, I think.

These are the ones I'm having trouble looking for info on; if there's anyone who can help, I'll appreciate it a lot!

Mun Tsan
Bosch
Latilda/Rateiruda
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Mun Tsan: Without Liu, run into her in Gineh Valley. Bring Liu along to complete that the Scribes put up after this meeting. Then, bring Liu to meet her at Fort Arc north entrance.

Bosche, Latilda: Get a hint from Guntram in Pharamond. Then enter the Woods from Naineneis side to activate their event. Bring Chrodechild, Fredegund or Guntram along to be sure, but none of the Scribes.
torabone

Post by torabone »

patapi wrote:As long as you don't have any other entering-HQ events, it shouldn't be a problem. If you still can't trigger it, try doing it either during a different season or when there's no active story mission.

Like Zenoa, this guy is as good as an automatic recruit.
i have found my problem..
actually to recruit Luvais, we need some events..
1. event at outside chamber hall (Grayridge) -> i miss this one..
2. event at Tehah Village -> when we go to Ch'olui Mountains..
3. then enter the HQ after clearing Ch'olui Mountains..

it seems that no 1 and 2 are not need to be in sequence..
i trigger the event at HQ just after i trigger event no 1..
so i don't think the recruitment is influenced by month, but i do it in Bud..
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Ah, it's great that it's confirmed as optional. I saw him as part of the storyline, so I thought he was an automatic recruit, especially given his apparent importance to the Magedom.
Biske

Post by Biske »

patapi wrote:Mun Tsan: Without Liu, run into her in Gineh Valley. Bring Liu along to complete that the Scribes put up after this meeting. Then, bring Liu to meet her at Fort Arc north entrance.

Bosche, Latilda: Get a hint from Guntram in Pharamond. Then enter the Woods from Naineneis side to activate their event. Bring Chrodechild, Fredegund or Guntram along to be sure, but none of the Scribes.
Thanks!!! I already got everyone cept Bosche and Latilda and it's been driving me insane. I think I got the clue from Guntram a while back right after the Pharamon event and I've been going back to the Woods of Veile (wait, I should have gone to Noslaw Woods, right? Oh man...) every season with those threee characters but nothing's been happening. I think it has something to do with where I come in from. I'll check it later and update here how it goes.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I'm not there yet in the English release, but this is the woods that lie between Naineneis and the Scribes' village. If you enter from Naineneis without a Scribe, you will end up in a loop without being able to go out towards the village. Those two would show up then...
Biske

Post by Biske »

^YUP! They showed up at last. Thanks so much! <3
Connell

Post by Connell »

I can not find Sven in the Inn of Pharamond, know it where I her find?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

She's called Savina in the English release. Two things must be satisfied for her to appear in Pharamond inn.

One, you must have recruited Icas, spoke with him in HQ and made him remind you of your encounter with Savina and her lover back in Cynas earlier on in the game.

Two, you must have gone past the Scribes events.

How does this go?
Connell

Post by Connell »

@patapi: thanks, thank you very much! *o*
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

No prob.

I just recruited Savina in my game. Apparently the timing ought to be after asking Zenoa the three questions, which is slightly later than the Scribes one.
Muggins

Post by Muggins »

Just thought I'd chip in a random piece of information to help
2. Kimiya ? the guy asking for 3 people or somthing like that
Bring Geshuts and Mine from the gunner trio and speak to him.
I had only Geschutz in my party when I went and got Khemia

I also got Luvais before I cleared the mountain, I went back from Tehah village after I got there, to go do something else (never even set foot on the mountains), and he was there for the HQ event and I recruited him

I'm having to interpret a bit as I'm playing the european one and don't know the japanese equivalent names btw.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

patapi wrote:
kelvingarinkz wrote:
2. Gilliam - who to dispatch for his quest ?
This guy was a royal pain for me. Send your best people, and make sure you get a complete victory (instead of the 100-potch easy victory). Then speak to him again in Grayridge.
If you fail, the first time, how can i make to see the request again?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I had the same problem in my previous Japanese playthrough, so I can confirm that you can make it available again by taking Logan to Gilliam at the right time. However, I wasn't able to get the scene until prior to the final battle. So, just keep trying to whenever you are free from story missions, or different seasons, etc.

I would strongly recommend failing the quest the first time if you are not patient enough.