Suikoden Tierkreis performed "strongly" in Japan (Konami)

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
LanceHeart

Suikoden Tierkreis performed "strongly" in Japan (Konami)

Post by LanceHeart »

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/0 ... _earnings/

So they're apparently pleased with Tierkreis. Good to know, but keep in mind that they only commented on its performance in Japan. With the latest VGChartz numbers, I don't know if they'd say the same for North America.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Blutiger Engel

Re: Suikoden Tierkreis performed "strongly" in Japan (Konami)

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Hmm, I was kinda hoping it would do bad so that they'd return to the main story. That probably wouldn't happen regardless, though :(
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Except that if the franchise did even worse that it already is, Konami might just put the series on indefinite hiatus altogether. Not unlike Capcom and its Breath of Fire series.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

If the continuation of the series means more Tierkreis crap it'd be better off on indefinite hiatus.

The only thing to do now is hope to god that they at least don't start merging the crap with the real series.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Again, as I originally said, they're happy with the Japanese product sales. I'm going to guess that a 20K showing is barely enough to recoup development costs in North America, which could bode extremely badly for any sequels in the series or any new games in the franchise, if any.

I'm more concerned about how this will equate if they ever make a sequel. As it has about the same sales as Suikoden V on a completely new system (meaning any fans they've alienated were only matched on a 1:1 ratio with new buyers), the next game will be very telling as to the fate of the series and ultimately of the franchise itself.
Formerly known as: Gothann