Konami wants to hear from you!

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
kte03

Re: Konami wants to hear from you!

Post by kte03 »

Alestes wrote:
kte03 wrote:lmao dude, what the hell is wrong with you?
[snip]
But seriously, to call it a stupid question? Sad.
I would say it's more sad that you think it's something wrong with a person when they doesn't share the same opinion as you.

I wouldn't call question 16 stupid, but I think it's useless and on the borderline rude towards the Konami staff. I mean, Konami, like all companies, wants to make money, and for many gamers nowdays 3D is the only way to go. Unfortunate, but that's how it is. And Suikoden V is an extremly good Suikoden game (and my favorite PS2 game) and it's in 3D.
What he could have done instead of bashing the question was answer it. Did he? No, he called it stupid. I actually helped out and answered someone's questions, which were quite redundant, without having to use the word stupid.

If you think it's rude to the Konami staff, take a look at question 11. The person who made that is basically saying that Konami US does a bad job. You don't think that's rude? I'm not bashing question 11 as I do feel the need that Konami finds a better partner company rather than a company that doesn't fully deliver to its customers.

PS. If Konami was in it for the money, they would have resolved to a nice HD remake of SI or SII instead of making a spin-off that gives new players a different look of what Suikoden really is.
King Krimson

Post by King Krimson »

Shinsengumi wrote:
Wasn't bringing back Georg Prime and having an entire game pretty much dedicated to a highlight from his backstory in the form of Suikoden V is an example of them taking advantage of continuity?
True, but why create a game with a new world to draw new fans, when you can simply continue the franchise? As you kindly put it with your example with George. Same old repeated question.
If you do an investigation on Georg in suikoden II as well as Killey you will find it mentions the Queendom of 'Farena' so it seems they were going to make Falena at one point or another it wasn't pure randomness.. even in Suikoden II in Georg's investigation it says "It seems he is wanted for killing a Queen in the Queendom of Farena.... i wonder what happened there?"
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1542/banner2bq6.gif

Luc - "then your definition of freedom is the ability to walk around a giant cell with an invisible leash around your neck"
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

wise, I can't go back and play, say, Tobal No. 1 (which I considered a stunning game) without thinking about how horrid the game is.
And yet, part of why it was a bad game plot wise was because they put so much effort into the graphics.

IMO I thoguht Tier Kreis was a great game, I liked some of the NEW elements they brought fourth!

-----

I have not read the other questions, I have only one good one I can think of.

Question:
Which of the new elements shown in Tier Kreis do you plan on bringing into future games (elements such as characters being able to change what weapon they use)
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Ooh, forgot to check the question list...

I'm happy two of my questions made it in, though I just now realized that I should've also asked something about why Viki was ignored (admit it, a lot of people would've shut up about the lack of continuity if Viki would've been present).
Formerly known as: Gothann
blah1017

Post by blah1017 »

kte03 wrote:
Alestes wrote:
kte03 wrote:lmao dude, what the hell is wrong with you?
[snip]
But seriously, to call it a stupid question? Sad.
I would say it's more sad that you think it's something wrong with a person when they doesn't share the same opinion as you.

I wouldn't call question 16 stupid, but I think it's useless and on the borderline rude towards the Konami staff. I mean, Konami, like all companies, wants to make money, and for many gamers nowdays 3D is the only way to go. Unfortunate, but that's how it is. And Suikoden V is an extremly good Suikoden game (and my favorite PS2 game) and it's in 3D.
What he could have done instead of bashing the question was answer it. Did he? No, he called it stupid. I actually helped out and answered someone's questions, which were quite redundant, without having to use the word stupid.

If you think it's rude to the Konami staff, take a look at question 11. The person who made that is basically saying that Konami US does a bad job. You don't think that's rude? I'm not bashing question 11 as I do feel the need that Konami finds a better partner company rather than a company that doesn't fully deliver to its customers.

PS. If Konami was in it for the money, they would have resolved to a nice HD remake of SI or SII instead of making a spin-off that gives new players a different look of what Suikoden really is.
I'm totally with you on this one man, I think that question is incredibly legitimate and even if you disagree, to call it stupid outright is just rude. Is it too much to be civil here?

I think it's a very legitimate question, one of my favorite aspects of Suikoden 2 is how interesting the battles look, because all of the characters have unique stances and swing their swords in unique ways, and then in Suikoden 3 you have several really uncreative 3D models, several of which are shared between characters, and it really just looked unartistic (Is this even a word?) and bland. I remember using Edge and Futch in my team, two completely different and unrelated characters, and they both have the same battle stance. It looked unappealing and I remember missing the Suikoden 2 art style a lot.

But yeah, raging aside, I see I'm late to the party, although I doubt I could have contributed any really important question to the list. I would like to know what Murayama is up to these days though.
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

Alestes wrote: I wouldn't call question 16 stupid, but I think it's useless and on the borderline rude towards the Konami staff.
It wasn't borderline rude, it was flat out rude.

"Your new Suikoden games suck because they're not 2-D. How do you respond to that?"

What an incredibly rude, useless, stupid question.
kte03

Post by kte03 »

Braxiatel wrote:
Alestes wrote: I wouldn't call question 16 stupid, but I think it's useless and on the borderline rude towards the Konami staff.
It wasn't borderline rude, it was flat out rude.

"Your new Suikoden games suck because they're not 2-D. How do you respond to that?"

What an incredibly rude, useless, stupid question.
LOL, it's funny how your description reminds me of you.

If you think that question is rude, take a look at 11. The person is basically saying "Konami US sucks! Find a better partner!"

I'm not bashing question 11 because I do believe Konami US could have done a better job.

Dazz' question, I also agree with. I'm not saying Konami's 3D sucks but I have to admit, it's not as great as today's mainstream RPG's like Final Fantasy. I think 2D's simplicity gives Suikoden a great effect, that's what makes me want to replay Suikoden II ,and sometimes 1's below average graphics, over and over. Take a look at Disgaea, they have 2D graphics on a PS3 and it looks simply outstanding.

Seriously give it up, they handed in the question
Dazz

Post by Dazz »

Braxiatel wrote: "Your new Suikoden games suck because they're not 2-D. How do you respond to that?"
Simplifying questions is great, it can make:

"Do you have any evidence to the existance of gravity?"
into
"You're a complete idiot, gravity doesn't exist"

Just like you can also turn;
"What do you think about changing this word into a more descriptive one?"
into
"You can't write for balls all of your books suck because you used that word which I suggested you change, you complete hack."

Seriously, stop changing the meaning behind questions. It's almost as though you think the world is negative about everything.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I wish some 1 would have asked if konami intends to fiinish the series and reveal all the true runes

oh well...there were some good questions there though..so I cant wait for the response.
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

When are we expecting these responces?
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
blah1017

Post by blah1017 »

The responses have already been posted actually.

Head here: http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 6&start=15