Voice Acting

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
Runemaster

Re: Voice Acting

Post by Runemaster »

Gunloc wrote:But another weird problem is that some of the lines are read completely out of context or have no emphasis on words or phrases emphasized in the text.
Agreed. The event where you're supposed to ask Zenoa questions confused me a lot! I'm used to reading while listening to their voices so when Zenoa speaks something out of the subtitles, I'm lost!
I think they re-edited the subtitles when the VA's are done for clarity purposes.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Well and also their attempts to not say the Hero, Army or HQ's name is very annoying. It was much better handled in Suikoden V when they called him "prince" in place of his name (or in Suikoden I when they called him "young master" even though that one has no voice acting). But, in this one I guess they have no choice as he has no title of any sort.

I don't know which is worse, what they're doing, or actually not letting you pick names and places so they can say them properly.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I'm so tempted to name him "Hmmm" or "Hah" to be consistent with the pronunciation in-game.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

That wouldn't work. There are too many different sounding things they supplant his name with.

Hmm
Hah
Uh!
Wha!
Eh?

I'll admit that for a game that references its castle, company, and hero that much, the dialog really could've been better placed.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Futch

Post by Futch »

Apparently the voice of Liu is the same voice as Arthur in the pbs cartoon "Arthur." And the Hero's voice actor has been in some films. Both are Canadian.
Everyone loves Dragons. Cause If they don't.... >;(