konami still has hopes in suikoden

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

From 1 up.comSOURCE

Konami devoted a significant portion of their TGS booth to Tierkreis -- attendees could sit down at spacious kiosks complete with high-quality headphones -- and the game figured prominently in its stage show, so it looks like the company still holds some stock in the venerable series.

so this is good.....this means there using tirkresis to gain some money and get the series in everybodys hands while clearly they still have big hopes for the entire franchise

right?
qwsed

Re: konami still has hopes in suikoden

Post by qwsed »

I think this game will turn out good. I mean its not a 6th title, its a spinnoff. There have been many spinoffs that have turned out good. Many TALES games, even final fantasy.

For me, Tierkreis is still Suikoden even tho there are no True Rune or major battles. There will still be the Suikoden music we all love and we will still have a castle and such things. The story is original imo.

I hope this game lure more kids/teens/adults into the Suikoden franchise.
Kinnison:
"Life is a long song, but the tune ends too soon for us all."
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

qwsed wrote:I think this game will turn out good. I mean its not a 6th title, its a spinnoff. There have been many spinoffs that have turned out good. Many TALES games, even final fantasy.

For me, Tierkreis is still Suikoden even tho there are no True Rune or major battles. There will still be the Suikoden music we all love and we will still have a castle and such things. The story is original imo.

I hope this game lure more kids/teens/adults into the Suikoden franchise.

thats a good attitude

Yes I think konami is trying to get the suikoden name mainstream so that they can really do great things with it
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

well they should

Suikoden V was great

dunno bout sales though

i see no reason to give up hope on the Suikoden series/franchise whatever
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

son_michael wrote:so this is good.....this means there using tirkresis to gain some money and get the series in everybodys hands while clearly they still have big hopes for the entire franchise
With complete removal from the known Suikoden world alongside personalised weapons, runes in battles and recurring characters/locations? I'm not even sure whether Konami has faith in anything beyond the brand recognition, looking at what we know of Tierkreis so far.
GrayMercury

Post by GrayMercury »

mmhh...it could be worse...they could have announced they were scrapping the series completely.....
"Master, Violence is Wrong." - - Dongo (SV)
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

I'd rather they scrapped it than slapped its name on a cash-in for twelve year olds.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Brax, here we go again.....

I believe Konami is creating another great Suikoden game. But as most of us (I guess) think, It doesn't get much of Konami's attention than it deserves. I just hope a Suikoden game pops up every year. :P
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

Runemaster wrote:Brax, here we go again.....
I just hope a Suikoden game pops up every year. :P
I would rather they actually took the time and put some care in it. I'd rather have a good Suikoden game every three years than crap like we're getting once a year.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Spin-off titles are supposed to be like that, which is what Tierkreis is. They are meant to fill in those gaps between the main installments; the Suikogaiden volumes, Card Stories and even Rhapsodia. Those are definitely enjoyable despite not bearing the main installment status, and Tierkreis ought to fit into that category just fine.

If you want to skip the spin-off title and wait for the (hopefully not "crap") Suikoden VI, then that's your call.
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

This isn't being marketed as a spin off title though, is it? It's being marketed as a proper Suikoden title.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Braxiatel wrote:This isn't being marketed as a spin off title though, is it? It's being marketed as a proper Suikoden title.
What, in all of the ads and all of the magazine scans, gives that idea?
Suikogaiden and Rhapsodia proportionately had as much promotion back when they came out. Suikoden Card Stories had two sets of cards come out before it was released and previewed a few cards from the upcoming set.

Short of blatantly yelling "This is Suikoden 6", this game is nothing more than a spinoff. Much in the same way a lot of spinoff games in other franchises are (don't go and tell me Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core is a proper FF game. It got more coverage than any RPG prior to it.)
Formerly known as: Gothann
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

LanceHeart wrote:
Braxiatel wrote:This isn't being marketed as a spin off title though, is it? It's being marketed as a proper Suikoden title.
What, in all of the ads and all of the magazine scans, gives that idea?
Suikogaiden and Rhapsodia proportionately had as much promotion back when they came out. Suikoden Card Stories had two sets of cards come out before it was released and previewed a few cards from the upcoming set.

Short of blatantly yelling "This is Suikoden 6", this game is nothing more than a spinoff. Much in the same way a lot of spinoff games in other franchises are (don't go and tell me Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core is a proper FF game. It got more coverage than any RPG prior to it.)
Suikogaiden and Card Stories didn't come out here, so that's irrelevant.
They're marketing it as a core Suiko game. There's *nothing* that says that this is a spin off.

And no, Crisis Core wasn't a core FF game, but it was marketed as being a true part of the FF 7 story, wasn't it?
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

The only English source we currently have that even remotely mentions Suikoden Tierkreis as "main series" is Nintendo Power with their "Here's what you missed when the series was on the PlayStation systems" bit.

Everything else is pretty much neutral to this being even remotely shown as being a main game. Even the devs don't acknowledge this game as main series.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Braxiatel wrote:They're marketing it as a core Suiko game. There's *nothing* that says that this is a spin off.
Why do you even think this? If this was true this would be Suikoden VI. As it is not, it would be considered an off-shoot of the main chronology of the series, which are the numbered games. Granted the other spinoffs are part of the Suikoverse storyline, but not to be considered "main" games, or they would be numbered.
Braxiatel wrote:And no, Crisis Core wasn't a core FF game, but it was marketed as being a true part of the FF 7 story, wasn't it?
But the story has nothing to do with it being part of the series' main chronology. Just like Tierkreis will be considered part of the story, as are Suikogaiden and Rhapsodia, regardless of their status as "main" games or not.