Suikoden Tierkreis Pre-order bonus?

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
LanceHeart

Re: Suikoden Tierkreis Pre-order bonus?

Post by LanceHeart »

Eroschilles wrote:For anyone who cares, ebgames has the same pre-order bonus listed as amazon.
And to add to this, EB Games Canada doesn't.
Formerly known as: Gothann
suikodian

Post by suikodian »

Anyone got the digital artbook? What does it have?
Sovereign

Post by Sovereign »

I got the pre-order bonus. It's essentially a soundtrack and artbook on one disc. When you put it in your pc disk drive it opens up as an interactive artbook within your web browser (kind of like something done in flash.) The soundtrack opens up above the "interactive artbook" and plays each track which you can choose to skip for or whatever.

The artbook is broken up into 2 sections: Characters and Artwork. If you click forward page by page though you eventually move into the "artwork" section which mainly consists of depictions of the different environments and the world of Tierkeis. The character section is pretty much what you would expect: static images of the characters - there is no preliminary sketches or black and whites sadly. But in some cases they do show both the original concept art and the ingame art for the same character. Strangely for some characters they only have the ingame art.... weird, whatever.

To be honest the artbook is ok, if I can open the individual image files (haven't tried yet) it will get far higher marks with me because I can photoshop them up and use them for my purposes. However the real reason to own this cd.....

Is the phenomenal soundtrack. Omg. I have no clue what the rest of you will think and you're welcome to your opinions but.... I dare say this is one of the finer soundtracks done for any Suikoden game to date. Hell I would pay good money to hear a Orchestra play several (if not all) of these tracks live. I think there was maybe one or 2 tracks I thought were not up to spec with the rest but.... Trying not to overhype and failing :lol:

Quite frankly its going to be almost bizarre hearing music this fine coming out of my DS. I hope these guys do the soundtrack for the next console release.... it would be a crime otherwise.
suikodian

Post by suikodian »

Nice :)
Can you take a screenshot or two for the artbook?
Sovereign

Post by Sovereign »

suikodian wrote:Nice :)
Can you take a screenshot or two for the artbook?
I'll see if I can put up a few screenies when I get home from work today =)

Here are a few images of the interactive artbook as promised :)

The artbook is ok - but it's more or less a little icing to the exquisite desert that is the soundtrack ( and I must say for a U.S. preorder bonus they gave us a nice medley of tracks.)
Sovereign

Post by Sovereign »

A small bump to show a few images of what the preorder interactive artbook/soundtrack is like, though quite frankly I suppose most who preordered in the U.S. will own a the disc by midday Tuesday :?

EDIT: You can access the individual image files which are just jpegs (I'm glad they're not encrypted into some special media file for your browser or something) Here's the crappy part:

Resolution: 72 x 72 dpi.....

:(

Well I guess there goes any hope for high res images. I guess you could use them for sigs or avatars but there are far better images on the web - not to mention I will likely just buy a high quality artbook for any novelty outside of scans I find surfing around.