It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: New Footage of Suikoden DS + Hands On play
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:48 pm
Posts: 790
Final Fantasy 3 & 4 DS have stylus movement, both versions being impossibly crappy.

Stylus use for combat just slows down decision making, which isn't really a bad thing if they include "Auto" to the options again.

_________________
Formerly known as: Gothann


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Footage of Suikoden DS + Hands On play
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:45 pm 
Offline
Board Mod
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:55 pm
Posts: 2469
Speaking of Auto, instead of normal attack only, maybe they should consider FFXII Gambit-like system where you could pre-setup the individual commands used when choosing Auto. That'd give S-range mages an easier time to actually contribute in random encounters.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Footage of Suikoden DS + Hands On play
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:48 pm
Posts: 790
I've been wanting that since the original game came out.

Tales has managed to pull this off years before Suikoden ever came into being, so why can't we pre-program the top three actions to use when going full auto? Here's hoping this game introduces it and it gets picked up as a feature in the next main-series Suikoden game.

_________________
Formerly known as: Gothann


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Footage of Suikoden DS + Hands On play
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:58 am 
Offline
Board Mod
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:55 pm
Posts: 2469
I don't know, but my experience with Phantasia, the Abyss and Legendia wasn't very encouraging either. Sure, there's a certain degree of customisation in the Auto commands of those games, but they're still quite random.

FFXII's Gambits, on the other hand, were very precise.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Footage of Suikoden DS + Hands On play
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:00 pm
Posts: 17
LanceHeart wrote:
Final Fantasy 3 & 4 DS have stylus movement, both versions being impossibly crappy.

Stylus use for combat just slows down decision making, which isn't really a bad thing if they include "Auto" to the options again.


"You can control movement of the main character by either using the d-pad or stylus. Both control well and will just be a matter of user preference."

Did nobody actually read the blog post?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Footage of Suikoden DS + Hands On play
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:48 pm
Posts: 790
luceys wrote:
LanceHeart wrote:
Final Fantasy 3 & 4 DS have stylus movement, both versions being impossibly crappy.

Stylus use for combat just slows down decision making, which isn't really a bad thing if they include "Auto" to the options again.


"You can control movement of the main character by either using the d-pad or stylus. Both control well and will just be a matter of user preference."

Did nobody actually read the blog post?

I did. I was discussing how stylus controls usually don't contribute much (or anything) to the gameplay of RPGs on the DS. FF3 & 4 were far more enjoyable through regular D-Pad use.

_________________
Formerly known as: Gothann


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Footage of Suikoden DS + Hands On play
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 8:18 am
Posts: 917
Location: Pilipinas
patapi wrote:
Speaking of Auto, instead of normal attack only, maybe they should consider FFXII Gambit-like system where you could pre-setup the individual commands used when choosing Auto. That'd give S-range mages an easier time to actually contribute in random encounters.

I definitely agree.

And another thing is the Auto-like command of the Grandia series.
One option for plain attacks, one option for Magic and special/strong attacks.

_________________
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group