Official Suikoden Tierkreis news

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
suikodian

Re: Official Suikoden Tierkreis news

Post by suikodian »

Thanks for the interpretation patapi :)
patapi wrote: The Production Director talks about how up to that point the series has always shared a common timeline and setting, how this was one of the reasons why people stay with the series, and how the team needed to continue with where it left off.
So Konami admits that the fans are attached to the original Suikoden timeline and setting.
It is confusing that the team needed to continue with where the series left off yet they did not continue from that point :?

patapi wrote: They felt the basis behind Tierkreis' central plot wouldn't fit well into the established Suikoden world, yet they went on to explore the many possibilities, which led to them considering the Million World (localised as the Infinity) concept previously hinted at many times throughout the series.
This is even more confuding, to me it is saying that the central plot of Suikoden Tierkreis was written without even reading the plot of the previous games.
patapi wrote:That said, I especially like the second of the two initial images attached in that same blog entry. Its resemblance to Tierkreis' graphics style is very little; a potential hint to a future title?
The first time I saw that image I tought it has to do with the ending of the game. Nice observation patapi :wink:
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

patapi wrote:That said, I especially like the second of the two initial images attached in that same blog entry. Its resemblance to Tierkreis' graphics style is very little; a potential hint to a future title?
God I hope that's just unused early artwork and not a hint of a sequel. It would really suck for the original world if they're already so sure of Tierkreis' imminent success that they started working on a sequel right away.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

All this shows is that Konami are completely incompetent and have no idea what to do with their most prominent series (not just Suikoden but series like Silent Hill as well).
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Last I checked, Suikoden wasn't exactly near "prominent" amongst Konami franchises. Metal Gear, Castlevania, Contra, and Silent Hill have it beat.

On a side note, I'd like to mention that after multiple checks EB Games Canada is the only retailer that even knows of Suikoden Tierkreis coming here. They also don't have the preorder bonus.
Formerly known as: Gothann
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The European release was out yesterday.

The Illustration Collection and Character Guide are also out on the same day in Japan. The Complete Guide was out the day before, too.

Get your share of the fun, folks.
suikodian

Post by suikodian »

Something related to Suikoden Tierkreis will be released this winter according to the genso-staff blog
http://mp.i-revo.jp/user.php/genso-staff/entry/64.html
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Those images look like mock cover artworks to me. Amusing.

It's nice that both this blog and Miura's have coverage of the EU and NA release of the game.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

What...are those box arts..??
The first one's interesting, the second is ok, but the rest are crap. Are they fanarts?

I don't understand Japanese, please elaborate the blog?? Thanks! More and more Suikoden!
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
suikodian

Post by suikodian »

patapi wrote:An interesting staff blog entry discussing key decisions behind Tierkreis' production.
http://mp.i-revo.jp/user.php/genso-staff/entry/12.html

Paraphrased interpretation...

The Production Director talks about how up to that point the series has always shared a common timeline and setting, how this was one of the reasons why people stay with the series, and how the team needed to continue with where it left off.

They felt the basis behind Tierkreis' central plot wouldn't fit well into the established Suikoden world, yet they went on to explore the many possibilities, which led to them considering the Million World (localised as the Infinity) concept previously hinted at many times throughout the series.

And the rest was history.

That said, I especially like the second of the two initial images attached in that same blog entry. Its resemblance to Tierkreis' graphics style is very little; a potential hint to a future title?
They used the second images in one of the mock cover artworks :wink:

edit: I do not understand Japanese :(
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Not sure this even counts as news, but I'll post it for posterity.
http://dailygamesnews.com/2009/03/uk-so ... ts_16.html

So Suikoden Tierkreis didn't manage to make the top 10 after two days of sales in UK. We'll see next week.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Probably due to complete lack of stock.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Suikoden Tierkreis NA release is now!

Will there be a difference between the NA and EU version?
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Probably not, though one big difference might be the game being locked in English (strange, North America speaks English, French, and Spanish...).

Edit: The first review is in. Unsurprisingly, it's a review from Nintendo Power. The score? 7/10
http://www.gamestats.com/objects/142/14 ... icles.html
http://www.gamerankings.com/ds/952637-s ... index.html
Two different sources, just for posterity.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Thought I should update anyone who is keeping watch for these items.

Yesterday (March 27) was the release day for Genso Suikoden Tierkreis Extra Soundtrack, and Genso Suikoden II Drama CD. Get~
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

While this is really old news, I only happened upon it today.

The Escapist visited Konami headquarters in California. The subject? Suikoden Tierkreis.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... i-Suikoden

EDIT: More sorta old news. The game's new site went up on April 2nd, apparently.
http://www.konami.com/microsites/suikoden/