Suikoden Tierkreis?

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
John Layfield

Suikoden Tierkreis?

Post by John Layfield »

From some handsome guys wonderful Suikoden site, Due Fiumi.com. More information there.

Konami Corporation has trademarked the name "Suikoden Tierkreis" in North America for use with "video game software".
Jowy Atreides

Re: Suikoden Tierkreis?

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The guy who runs that place is pretty damn sexy!

"Tierkreis" is apparently German for "Zodiac." Another Suikoden Tactics maybe?
Kagiya

Post by Kagiya »

Yes, sounds like another side game. Perhaps it is like the gaidens or rhapsody, a set-up for the next game or an expansion of certain storyline. I hope it isn't on a portable.
Author

Post by Author »

Yea, a side game like Tactics, but Zodiac eh...have something to do with the Sun and Night Rune, perhaps? Or just some fancy name, haha. If it is a side game, what is it about? Suikoden 5? I wouldn't mind if it's about the previous game though...or the Higheast Rebellion. Hmm...
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

It DOES sound like about the Zodiac Sword.

Uh.. Germans, how do you pronounce Tierkreis? (hard time spelling it! XD)
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

It's pronounced "Teer-krice"... that's the nearest I can make ^^'

Well, I'm kinda looking forward to what's going to come to us... Well, the whole System of 108 Stars of Destiny is quite Zodiac-like.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

any news in Japan relating to this? i'm surprised we have Konami US registering names when Konami of Japan hasn't even announced something..
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

KFCrispy wrote:any news in Japan relating to this? i'm surprised we have Konami US registering names when Konami of Japan hasn't even announced something..
Well, here's duefiumi's explanation:
"Another similarity is that the trademark has only been made in the United States thus far and not Japan. This also happened with Suikoden Tactics, likely because there seems to be a greater chance of legal confusion regarding the American system, at least as compared to the Japanese."

So it seems that the method is the same as with Suikoden Tactics.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

You can find the patent information at the United States Patent and Trademark Office website
Serial Number is 77537373
United States Patent and Trademark Office wrote:Word Mark SUIKODEN TIERKREIS
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Video game software; video game programs; computer game software; computer game programs; electronic game programs

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely providing on-line video games
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 77537373
Filing Date August 1, 2008
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. CORPORATION JAPAN 9-7-2, Akasaka, Minato-ku Tokyo JAPAN
Attorney of Record Jeffrey H. Kaufman
Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE
thanks John!
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

just my preference, but i hope it's not another tactics, although if it was i'd think it might just be called rhapsodia ii or tactics ii, so i don't see that being very likely. it might even be a retake of the series, being the official name for suikoden vi. :shock: not likely either, but again, who knows.

oh and i'm still waiting on chrono break so i'm not going to get my hopes up too high. :?
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Well, knowing the usa tradition to change names, i'm pretty sure that if this was another tactics they probably would call it: "Suikoden Tactics 2" so if they trademarked Suikoden Tierkreis i think that it will something diferent.
Reinbach_III

Post by Reinbach_III »

United States Patent and Trademark Office wrote: IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely providing on-line video games
An MMORPG, perhaps?
"Me, sir? I'm just a poor jujube vendor, with hungry kids waiting at home..." Scholtenheim Reinbach III
Lovecraft_elder

Post by Lovecraft_elder »

Well, since Rhapsodia is the name of a musical, I think this is too. Tierkreis is the name of a german musical composition from the 70s. I think this hints in the same direction as Rhapsodia.

Perhaps the game has been inspired by the chinese legend of the 12 animals. I believe that one is called the Zodiac legend or something like that.

I'm so hyped about these news, I can't believe it. : D : D : D : D
"Everytime you try to drag real life physics into a fantasy setting, God kills a catgirl!" - Please, think of the catgirls!
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Remember the iterview with Noritada Matsukawa some months ago on rpgfan?
Q: You have recently been involved in the development of Oz and Elebits. Furthermore, since the February 2006 release of Suikoden V and Suikoden 1 and 2 for PlayStation Portable, no new installment has been released. What is the reason behind this lack of new Suikoden games? Also, what do you think about the series' future development?
A: The last game that I actually created as my own project was certainly Oz. In the sense of being a new action game, I think, I could establish a previously unseen entertainment. Even today, its acclaim among Japanese users is high, and while it's only a few [copies], the game is still selling to this very day.
I have not directly participated [in the development of] Elebits, but rather indirectly through development cooperation. That being said, the development staff really worked extremely hard to create something new. I think they created an original game tailored specifically toward the Wii.
Everyday I'm exploring various ideas, [wondering] what kind of entertainment I can provide, as we, as you know, have entered a period of game platform transition after the release of Suikoden 5, and online entertainment is becoming common.
Make your conclussions, i'm fearing the worst.
John Layfield

Post by John Layfield »

Don't leap too far in assumptions. The standard registration for an MMORPG is
IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services in the nature of an on-line interactive game provided by means of a global computer network.
not what is posted in the Tierkreis registration.

However, a game that DOES contain
IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely providing on-line video games
is Dragon Quest Swords for the Wii.

EDIT: I've decided to post an update on the issue before this gets out of hand; http://www.duefiumi.com/news/news/tierkreis-online.html