Suikoden Tierkreis?

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Suikoden Tierkreis?

Post by KFCrispy »

wow, a DS game.... i will have to get a DS when it comes out unless there are other plans for the release.
mumbay

Post by mumbay »

So Suikoden is going over to Nitendo? But it's confusing it seems to be like it is going to be like 6 but it says the 108 star are dead
ashlington

Post by ashlington »

Wow thats awsome news. Was looking bleak there for a while, it doesn't matter which format its on, we have another Suikoden game!!! :)
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

damn, now I'll have to purchase a DS. The tiny screens always hurt my eyes. Maybe if I'm lucky I can find TierKreis with a DS as a set. But I have alot of time to wait, since it's only half done. Maybe a next November release then.

But I am most definitely glad a Suikoden is coming out at all. It's going to be less expensive than getting a PS3, at least.
qwsed

Post by qwsed »

Wooow... And i sold my DS to buy a 360 and bought a PSP for the rumor of a Suikoden PSP game. Talk about bad luck :P But i do afford a DS again so... ill buy a new one :P

Tho! FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IVE BEEN WAITING FOR IT:D:D:D:D
Kinnison:
"Life is a long song, but the tune ends too soon for us all."
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

This is awful, awful news.

Suikoden is too big a game for the DS (story wise), and it's going to dumb it down.

This is terrible, terrible news.
daoster

Post by daoster »

Don't care much for it being on the DS, but a DS is more than enough to have a full on Suikoden game, which this is not...
I tell the DJ what to play, I tell the MC what to say!
Like good music? Check out my podcast: http://www.musicaloccupation.com
qwsed

Post by qwsed »

Braxiatel wrote:This is awful, awful news.

Suikoden is too big a game for the DS (story wise), and it's going to dumb it down.

This is terrible, terrible news.
Not really. The sprites doesnt take up much space, the 3d models are really simple if you think about it. A DS can support up to a 2gb cartridge! So really. Its not a problem. (It may support more as time goes. The only limit is the cartridge itself)

Taken from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_ds
"Nintendo DS games use a proprietary solid state ROM "game card" format resembling the memory cards used in other portable electronic devices such as digital cameras. It currently supports cards up to 2 gigabit (2048 Mb or 256 MB) in size (with ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat being the first DS game to use a 2 gigabit card)"

Im looking foward to it immensly
Kinnison:
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

The Suikoden stories have been getting more and more expansive with each game, (look at V!), with a lot of political intrigue and such.

Putting it on a DS cartridge is going to limit their storytelling options.

This is a *complete* step backwards for the series.

If you can't see that, you're blind.
qwsed

Post by qwsed »

Braxiatel wrote:The Suikoden stories have been getting more and more expansive with each game, (look at V!), with a lot of political intrigue and such.

Putting it on a DS cartridge is going to limit their storytelling options.

This is a *complete* step backwards for the series.

If you can't see that, you're blind.
Do you even know how much space S5 used (MAX 4,5 gb)? Do you know how much micromanagement there was in S5 (stances, orders, skillpoints) (i didnt care mych for these at all). Do you know how much the space the music took? The graphics? You dont know.

Please enlighten me on how this is going to hold the game back? It will have MUCH simpler graphics wich greatly reduces the space needed. The music wont be half as advanced as it was on the PS2 as the DS cant handle that (But dont take it the wrong way. The DS has GREAT music and sound in general. It cant compete with a stronger console). There is NOTHING that hold the game back at all. A ds cartridge is as i stated before up to 2gb!!! Its aprox. half that of a dvd-r.

So please... It will even go back to the 4ths 4 character battles.

I have played alot of RPGs on the DS that took longer to complete than many PS2 games ive played... Hows that for holding back...

EDIT: You know that Suikoden V just used 3,38 gb of space on a simple dvd-r? It wasnt big at all...
Kinnison:
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yep. And I don't see why a good story is held back by limited "disk" space? "Oh no, we can't to this intrigue, that's taking 50mb, that's too much."

I just hope a lot of people will buy this game, as this would give the Suikoden Series a huge boost, imo.
qwsed

Post by qwsed »

Antimatzist wrote:Yep. And I don't see why a good story is held back by limited "disk" space? "Oh no, we can't to this intrigue, that's taking 50mb, that's too much."

I just hope a lot of people will buy this game, as this would give the Suikoden Series a huge boost, imo.
Since the DS is one of the most sold consoles today i think it will do just fine ^^ I just hope it gets released in Europe. Or else i have to import :P hehe

Braxiatel: A good story is just text and it is how its represented that takes space. I bet your one of those that LOVES graphics more than anything. And im just curious. How old are you? (im not complaining or anything i just want to know if you grew up with the NES or older systems or if you grew up with ps2 and newer).
Kinnison:
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

daoster wrote:Don't care much for it being on the DS, but a DS is more than enough to have a full on Suikoden game, which this is not...
What do you mean by a "full on Suikoden game?"

I think this still has the gathering of the 108 stars, like most of the other games. That's what it said on DueFiumi
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

I'm so happy it's on DS and not PSP...

From the pictures on RPG gamer, it looks like we'll be back to a 4 fighter party system...mmmh, not sure i like that.
Also, looks like the new "animal" breed are sharks.